If there ever was a time for Null Byte to need people to contribute, it's now. Let's make Null Byte a place where anyone, from novice to master computer user, come and learn. It has been sometime since the last "Call to Arms" for Null Byte, and even longer since the last "Weekend Homework". We all know that this time of year is busy for everyone, but that didn't stop occupytheweb otw from creating a great article in his continuing "Hack Like a Pro" series.
Without members like Bird andBear helping out in the forums, Null Byte may have died. But no, we are still alive and kicking. If you have just been sitting there watching this blog and not really contributing, now is your chance.
Are you still interested in contributing? Yes? Then get to it! Let's get it started.
Not everything on Null Byte has to be about hacking or the likes. Those that have no experience in hacking can try writing some articles on the following topics.
- Intro to C++ — C++ is a great language and it's not as hard as you would think. If you already know a language, learning another is even easier!
- Make a Game — Have a little fun while writing for us. Make a fun little game in a language of your choice. It doesn't have to be complex, just something that's fun. Need ideas? Message me and I will share a few of mine.
- Intro to PHP — PHP is one of the major backbones of the wonderful thing known as the Internet. If you know it, can you help others learn PHP by making a tutorial?
Want to hack? Want to teach the community how to hack? Well, try one of these articles.
- Break into a WPA or WEP — We know you can do it, and it may be a challenge, but hey... it can be fun, too. So, what are you waiting for?
- Advanced Packet Capture — We already have a basic one going around that uses Wireshark, but that is basic and we know that there's more. Teach us.
- DDOS-ing — Give us an overview into what DDOS is, as it is thrown around the Web all of the time; ways of preventing it, etc.
- Aircrack-ng — Have you ever used it? Think you can handle this? Well, try it. It's a great tool for all pentesters and most Linux users in general.
Well, I am no Allen Freeman or Alex Long, but I don't want to see Null Byte die. As it stands today, we are losing traffic at an unreasonable rate. Why, you may ask? Well, this is because we don't have people participating, writing articles. If you have a question, don't be afraid to ask it. We are here to help.