It seemed appropriate that we announce the winner of the first White Hat Award for Technical Excellence on the Academy Awards weekend. This is, in essence, our "Oscar" here at Null Byte. Remember, this contest began on January 4th, 2016 and just recently closed on February 15th. In this contest, I was looking for:
- Technical excellence: Is the information that is provided useful and accurate?
- Well-written: No grammatical and spelling errors.
- Easy to understand: Can the newbie understand and execute the hack?
- New and unique content: Don't rehash what has already been done here. Create some new and unique content.
I also emphasized that new scripts would be given greater favor than simply an explanation of how to use an existing tool.
We received an incredible number of excellent contributions from Null Byte members, which once again emphasizes what an extraordinary community we have here at Null Byte.
After reading through many excellent tutorials, I must say that one stands head and shoulders above the others. Our resident Python expert, The Defalt, put together a four-part series that he called "How to Build an Evasive Shell in Python" (which you can see below).
- Build an Evasive Shell in Python, Part 1: Introduction & Concepts
- Build an Evasive Shell in Python, Part 2: Building the Shell
- Build an Evasive Shell in Python, Part 3: Building the Attacker Script
- Build an Evasive Shell in Python, Part 4: Testing the Shell
This series is well-written and explains the concepts clearly and concisely. Most importantly, he used his knowledge of Python and networking to develop an original hacking tool.
So, I want to congratulate Defalt as the winner of the first White Hat Award for Technical Excellence tutorial contest here on Null Byte. He wins:
- Professional Pack of Exploit Pack with over 34,000 exploits.
- Certificate suitable for framing.
As you know, in addition to this winning series, Defalt put together the superb Python series titled "How to Train your Python" (which is currently at 18 parts). Every aspiring hacker should read and master it. He is also responsible for the Null Byte Suite of Hacking Tools.
In addition, due to his diligent and excellent work here on Null Byte for a period of time, I am naming Defalt our newest Null Byte Fellow!
I hope you all will take a minute to congratulate Defalt. He certainly deserves our gratitude and appreciation.
Want to start making money as a white hat hacker? Jump start your White-Hat Hacking career with our 2020 Premium Ethical Hacking Certification Training Bundle from the new Null Byte Shop and get over 60 hours of training from Ethical Hacking Professionals.