Welcome back, my tenderfoot hackers!
As you know by now, we have initiated a few programs to recognize technical excellence here at Null Byte. These include the appointing of Null Byte Fellows (the first round included Phoenix750, Ciuffy and ghost_), job and school recommendations, the upcoming White Hat Hacker certifications, and recognition for technical excellence.
Beginning today and running until February 15th, we are running a contest for the best, new post/tutorial on Null Byte. The winner of this contest will receive:
- a certificate recognizing their excellence (White Hat Award for Technical Excellence)
- a free copy of the professional version of Exploit Pack with over 35,000 exploits (worth over $300!)
In addition, the winner will also have an inside track to be appointed as a Null Byte Fellow during the next group selection (coming in the very near future).
To judge the quality of the contributions, I will be looking for the following in the winning articles:
- Technical excellence: Is the information that is provided useful and accurate?
- Well-written: No grammatical and spelling errors.
- Easy to understand: Can the newbie understand and execute the hack?
- New and unique content: Don't rehash what has already been done here. Create some new and unique content.
Although I will be looking for new and unique content, an innovative use of old tools will count as new and unique. New scripts, unique to Null Byte, will be looked upon especially favorably, so bone up on Perl, Python, BASH, and even Ruby.
Get working on your latest and greatest contribution to Null Byte. You could win Exploit Pack Pro (thanks to Juan Sacco), a certificate recognizing your contribution, and the undying gratitude from your fellow members of our wonderful community here at Null Byte.
The contest ends February 15th, 2016, so get to work!