Forum Thread: A PSA for all newcomers.

Part of being involved in this culture is having the dedication and motivation to learn things for your self. For the newcomers, you've shown your motivation by seeking this page out, and others like it. But i have a real problem with the amount of post I've seen in the past few months with headlines like, "How to hack my friends computer", "How to hack my girlfriends Facebook", "How to hack this person", and so on.

There are 2 major problems with post like these.

1. This is a community of mostly "white hat" and some "grey" hat hackers. For those of you who do not yet know what this means just google it. Being a community of such, seeing post like "How to hack this person" etc. could be taken as malicious and we do not accept that here.
  2. If you haven't already figured it out, part of being in a community of "mostly" lol intelligent people is that no body will go out of their way to do something for you. Anyone with the knowledge you seek worked hard to obtain the skills that are required to do what we do. In other words "We had to put in the work, so do you". That's not to say that we don't help each other out, because this whole page is dedicated to that, but we're not going to respect someone who doesn't have the desire or will to help themselves.

This is not an attack on anyone who has posted something like I've talked about here today. By all means if you need help with something please ask, this was just a suggestion and hopefully a little motivation for you to seek out the know how, and the knowledge yourself, put in the time and work and the pay off will be much more than if someone just told you how to do it.

9 Responses

I concur with you. I like to see questions on Null Byte and I enjoy answering them, but in recent times I only seem to come across those rudimentary "do-it-for-me" sort of requests that displease my eyes.

Most of us who provide knowledge will only do so if we see the endeavour from the person asking for it. Good things come to those who go out and earn it.

TRT

nice speech .
thanks for sharing your thoughts

where should i start off to learn how to become a "hacker"?
I have some decent experience with programming but thats about it.
Any tips would be very helpful

Welcome John!

Check out my articles "Hacking for Newbies" and "How to Use Null Byte to Study to Become a Professional Hacker".

Also along with the series OTW pointed out to you check out his "Linux Basics". It's were I learned most of what I know about linux. To start hacking you should know linux, networking and scripting/programming.

I say you should learn networking because how are you going to know what all the terms like DNS, and ARP mean? I mean, you don't need to know them, but it will really help.

You should learn linux because you're not going to be doing half the things you can do on windows. It is secure (though not invincible) and is a really clean system from the command line once you learn it.

Programming will help you with building programs in general and help you find exploits.

Of course anybody can hack without knowing much of anything. But doing so will cause you to blindly perform actions you don't truly understand, what is the fun in that?

well, I WOULD LIKE TO DO MY PART ON LEARNING MORE...BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL COME WITH A PRICE. I GUESS ONE I AMWILLING TO SACIFICE TO LEARN THE IN AND OUT OF THIS GENERATING NUMBER GAME. I THINK I HAVE THAT PART ALMOST DOWN, HOWEVER , I HAVE NO WAY OF CHECKING TO SEE IF THE CARD NUMBERS ACTUALLY HAVE MONEY ON THEM, EVEN THOUGH, THEY SAY THAT THEY ARE ACTIVE NUMBERS, HOWEVER , THEY DO NOT WORK. SO, MY QUESTION WOULD BE HOW TO VERIFY FUNDS . IS THERE A SITE TO JUST RUN THE NUMBERS THRU TO SEE IF THEY CAN BUY ANYTHING?!

I WOULD LIKE TO EARN THE ANSWER TO GO ABOUT HOW TO CHECK TO SEE IF I CAN ACTUALLY MAKE PURCHASES OFF MY VALIDATED NUMBERS, WHICH ARE VALID BUT NEVER WORK,,, WELL...ACTUALLY, I USE TO CHECK THEM ON A WEBSITE CALLED CARID THAT CAUGHT ON TO ME CHECKING NUMBERS. I GUESS I CHECKED TOO MANY TIMES. THEY SHUT ME DOWN ON THAT. THIS SITE CAN BE USED WITH THE CVV. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER SITES OR YOUR OWN THAT I COULD CHECK TO SEE IF FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE, WITHOUT MAKING A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF. I HAVE TRIED MANY SITES AND ALL HAVE FAILED. EITHER BILLING ADDRESS DIDN'T MATCH OR IT NEEDED THE CVV CODE . I NEED HELP AND I'M WILLING TO PAY OR DO WHATEVER IT TAKE TO POTENTIALLY HAVE YOU HELP ME OUT

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active