Forum Thread: Hack Instagram Account Using BruteForce

Hey, Fellow Hackers!
I saw lots of peoples asking how to hack Instagram account, and in this tutorial I will show you how to get it.
I will use Kali Linux, a system penetrating Linux, which is popular for hacking.
If you have Kali not installed, then you will need to install it. Just go to YouTube and search how to install it.

Explanation

So, we will use the BruteForce attack method, which the program keeps putting in the passwords until we get the right one. I know, the program puts the password over and over again, it will take a long time, it might fail, but it is better than not doing it.

Step 1: Clone It!

So first, we will need to get the program that keeps putting in the password.
To do that, simply type :

git clone https://github.com/Ethical-H4CK3R/Instagram.git

this command will clone the program to your computer.
Now you need to chmod the file and go to the directory of the program, so type :

chmod -R 755 Instagram && cd Instagram

Step 2: Executing the Program

Now we cloned the program, so we now need to open the program.
Type : "ls" to see what is inside the folder.

Well, we know there are three things inside the folder, "Core", "README.md" and "instagram.py".
The executable program here is "instagram.py".
We need to execute the program now, by typing :

python instagram.py

Oh no, Looks like there are some errors!
Doesn't this show up?

It is because we do not have the txt file.

Remember, this is a BruteForce attack, we need to give it a lists of passwords so the program knows which password it should put in.

Step 3: Get the Password Lists

If you are just trying to test either this works or not, then you guys can make your own password list and just type your own passwords there, but I am trying to legit get the password of my friend's account.

Now, lets get the txt file.
Go to the browser, and search " daniel miessler passwords github".

Search it, go in the first link.

Now you will be in GitHub. Go in Passwords.

Choose one txt file, I will choose the 10 million password list.
The bigger the better, because you will have a higher chance of succeeding.
But, it will take up a lot of space...
If you chose one, click on the text file you chose.
It will say : "Sorry, file too large, you can view as raw",something like that, and click on "view raw".
And there will be a list of passwords.
To save them in your computer, right click it, click Save Page as, then save the text file in the Instagram folder.
The file should be in Home.
And click "Save", then voila, the text should be in the folder.
Now we can execute it!

Step 4: Executing It Once Again...

We just got the text file, so we can keep on hacking! Lets do the thing we did :
open the terminal, type :

cd Instagram

Now we are in the Instagram directory, type "ls" to see what is inside the folder.
Yes, there is the text file in the folder! lets execute the program by :

python instagram.py Username Thetextfile.txt

(To get better explanation, see the picture)

Now we are at the end! The BruteForce attack has started, it will say the attempts and what password it is currently trying.

Well, It would take a long time.

And Voila.(By the way the username Used on the explanation Pic is not the real one...)

Did It Work?

So, did it work for you guys? It worked for me, comment down below whether it worked or not.

Pro : It is easy to use, lots of beginners can use it
Con : It is a BruteForce attack, there are also a chance of failing

Thank you.

(EDIT:) If the script does not automatically downloads the things we need, then :
install mechanize with: pip install mechanize

install requests with: pip install requests

install Tor with: sudo apt-get install tor

40 Responses

Well done Sir! One question, does Instagram not rate limit? It seems to me they would have measures in place to stop this sort of attack.

If the script change IP It Will work.

Oh, forgot to mention that. During the attack, the script will keep changing the proxy IP, so it will not be limited.

Sir, Can you suggest which youtube tutorial download Kali Linux is best for Windows 8 or 8.1? I m confused there are a lot of tutorials which I dont which to choose.. Can you choose one for me and paste the link here. Appreciate it.

I prefer this Youtube video. You can do Drag & Drop between your main computer and virtual machine, and also full screen. It also works for all windows except the first generation systems(XP,Vista, etc....)

How to send you a private message, I need your help

send email to public.email.jc@gmail.com

Much more slower than what I thought!
Good post tho.

Yup, It is really slow, but lots of BruteForce attacks are like this :p

I keep getting installing tor, please wait then it says .... please install for and gives new command line. did i miss something

That did not come up on mine, but try typing in the command line in.

try typing in the same thing in the command line again?

keeps asking to install the tor browser?

No, you said that it gives a new command line. try typing that in, and if it doen not work, you would have to download tor manually.

Hey, it's working...but yeah its super slow. Is there some way to speed up the process? And also how much time will it take to bruteforce an average password?

The reason it is slow is because of the proxy IP, you can edit the script and make it change the IP 1 time while scanning 3 passwords, and yes it will take about a week.

It is a really good script!
The only thing i find bad is that It is a pretty slow process, but i Love it!

-BiZken

Thanks Sir! But it is worth the time.

-JC

Hi Justin big fan of your hacking tutorials. I'm new to hacking and tried to follow your instructions but couldn't seem to figure out how to do it. If you could help me I'd really appreciate it.

So, what your problem? Please clarify....

When I try to download kali linux it keeps canceling. Could you please do the hack for me? Do you have an email I can contact you on?

Hi sir, thank you for your tutorial on how to brutforce instagram. I have read so many tutorials on how to brutforce instagram but this is the best cause it changes ip. But there was a problem while testing passwords. Before it can find a true password it says password found. But it is not true. Can you tell me why?!

Hmm.... This did not happen to me but maybe the username you typed in is wrong.... I would test this out, so don't worry. I will reply soon <3

-JC

I did type the username right. I even double checked it. I will send you the screenshots as soon as I can. Anyway thanks for the respond.

Ok, I will see what the problem is.
: )

Please send me a screenshot of the terminal while the script is launching.

OMG This Actually WORKS Thank YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

It took a long time tho......

Could you please help me out? I've been trying but can't do it

1. get kali linux
  2. clone the script
  3. get the password list
  4. launch the script
  5. get the password
  6. DONE

Does not Work right now, worked the First time on My account but now IT just passing the password......

I don'y really get it. It just passes the password?

It shows that It is testing it but It doesnt show password found:(

....hmmmm try doing it again, maybe it was just a glitch...

I have like 3 Times....:(

I ABSOLUTTTTTTLY LUV THIS SCRIPT, IT ACTUALLY WORKS!
I searched for other tutorials around the internet, but all are fake.
BUT THIS ONE ACTUALLY WORKS!
I am sharing this script with everyone!

Hey Justin Chang, I really like this tutorial and want to get it posted on the main Null Byte page. Do you mind if I polish it up some and post it? With links back to this original of course.

File "instagram.py", line 53
print ' - Password Found'
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

Why am i getting this problem? what can i do to fix it

try installing it again, maybe there was some error while cloning....

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active