Forum Thread: The Media Is Hyping Up ISIS "Hackers"

4 Responses

From what I have seen so far from the ISIS hackers, I would agree.

Well, never disregard your enemy. Somehow they can deface or simply ddos some webistes. That means they have some power. Of course CERTs and sec teams are more skilled, by determined enemy without weapon or knowladge is still more dangerous than powerfull enemy without will to fight. Defenders have to care about everything. Attackers have to find only one or two security flaws or stupid mistakes. But not everyone from IT is white hat hacker, member od blue/white team. The same, not every terrorist is a hacker who has skills powerfull enough to be dangerous. So be prepared and strike back if needed.

ISIS is all about brute strength. Ddos attacks are probably the easiest but the most powerful to be able to execute. But, ISIS isn't the material for hackers they rely on strength while hackers use decisive sneaky tactics. I believe that ISIS will never be able to accomplish much in the hacking industry.

In my opinion isis hackers are babies compared to what we have seen in the past for example Antisec and lulzsec. sure they might be the ones responsible, but idk dont think they have much to offer towards taking down security anywhere other than ddosing

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active