Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: A Simple Question

Hello, I'm not exactly new here, as I have been reading tutorials ang guides on Null Byte for quite a while now, and I usually find them very interesting. Up until now, I've been busy with schoolwork, and have not really had the opportunity to learn much outside of this site. However, as summer approaches, and schoolwork begins to lighten, I feel that I now have enough time to commit myself to such a project, and the first thing I've decided to do is learn a programming language (or language)...

Forum Thread: Questions About Metasploit Framework

Hi guys, I am writing a graduation work at the university. Here is the main idea: I need to write a programm that will alow me to do attack modelling for IDS testing. So, let's suppose, I know target OS, open ports and running services (by running nmap, for exaple). Now I'd like to filter exploits (by ports, OS, etc) from Metasploit, that I might use. But I don't know how to do this. Can I make a request to postgresql DB, or exploits don't store there? Or should I use msfconsole instead?

Forum Thread: Best Linux Video Tutorials?

This forum has a lot of useful guides on Linux basics, but I am terrible at learning just by reading. I need to see or actually do something in order to learn it. I tried looking around youtube but a majority of ones I found are either incomplete or focused on specific hack tools.

Forum Thread: Exploit ShellShock with My Script

Hello friends, Today i'm surfing internet to get proper exploit or script to exploit shellshock vulnerabality. but only found metasploit and some exploit-DB exploits which are not verified and also some are not working. so, i decided to write my own script to exploit shellshock vulnerable server remotely by sending crafted headers. my script allow you to choose your custom command which you want to execute on remote server if vulnerable .

Forum Thread: Oh It's Good to Be Back

After 5 months, I have finally come back to null-byte. Due to some problems I couldn't be here. However now I am back, and will try to be most helpful. The ideas on which I would like to discuss in the future are;

Forum Thread: Kali Linux on Virtual Box

Hello Guys , Hope you're all alright Since Tor is comprised what are the alternatives for anonymity using kali , since most vpns are paid and some keeps logs I'm aware of spoofing Mac Address , proxychains and need more information about spoofing ip addresses , and one question that was making me wonder if i use a vpn on my windows will my ip address on kali be spoofed too or should i use vpn also on kali

Forum Thread: First Experiences with "Hacking"?

I'm using the term "hacking" quite loosely - if it was by script-kiddying, then so be it. I'm just kinda curious about where everyone got started with computer security. What was the first time you compromised a device or exploited a weakness in a system, be it a network, a computer or anything else?

Forum Thread: What Is GATEWAY_PROBE_HOST For?

Whenever I'm trying to work something out, the GATEWAY_PROBE_HOST not configured from the advanced options in metasploit always ruins my day. I'm assuming it's a gateway thing (obviously) so I set it from metasploit.com (why is this the default?) to my subnet 192.168.56.0. After that metasploit works relatively fine, however occasionally has very odd issues and overall performance suffers. Last time I tried it crashed, then when I went to kill the process it spit out all the scan results from...

Forum Thread: Android Tablet Hacked ?

Having Been Aware of Innocently Getting on the Wrong Side of Someone Who I Know Is a Hacker, via Social Media, Is It Possible Please, That He May Be Able to Get Screen Grabs or Audio/Visual , as Occasionally, Without Any Logical Reason, My Android Tablet (that I use for Social Media) Flashes as if It Has Taken a Photo .. ?