Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: Signing into Websites While Operating as Root

Sometimes when I am using Kali, and operating as root, I would like to be able to sign in to a website(for instance email) for various reasons. However, I have it in my head, that this is an unsafe thing to do while I am root user, and so avoid doing so. This can be inconvenient, as it means logging out and back in as normal user to do what I need to do. I must have read somewhere that it's unsafe to sign in online as root(to gmail/facebook/null-byte or anything... even through tor or somethi...

Forum Thread: Cryptography

This topic covers cryptography, a topic and body of knowledge that you will encounter over and over again during your career as a ethical hacker(pen tester),black hat hacker(bad guys),IT person or security manager. Having a firm grip of the technology and science is indispensable because cryptography is critical in so many areas.

Forum Thread: Mac (For Hacking)

hello fellow hackers :) i would just like to state i am new and am loving this website it is awesome ! i have always been amazed and inspired by the things people can do with hacking and i won't to learn them myself,

Forum Thread: How Do I Remove Linux Mint Partition on My Macbook Pro?

I'm trying to remove my Linux Mint 17.1 MATE partition, so that I can install Kali Linux instead, as recommended on here. I erased my Mint partitions in the apple Disk Utility app, but when I plugged in my new Kali USB drive and rebooted into rEFind it still showed my Mint partition as existing on my computer. I really don't want to have to do a hard drive recovery again. Can anyone help?

Forum Thread: Identifying Phishing Attacks

There are numerous phishing websites out there, and one of the most popular is HackTwitter. HackTwitter is a website that claims to be able to hack any Twitter account in a few minutes. I just want to go over with all of you what I found on this website to give it away (not that it isn't already suspicious...).

Forum Thread: HELP.Backtract/Kali .

Please is there some where or somebody that do offer courses for backtract/kali. I will like to attend .I have been doing alot of self teaching and reading alot on Null Byte. But i think the best way for me to move ahead is to take a class.

Forum Thread: Best OS for Hacking?

I currently have a macbook pro, and I am getting a new one with an i7 and 8g of ram. I have also found an old HP laptop. I think it's a D6. I just want to learn a bit about hacking. What would you guys recommend for an Operating System? Linux, XP or Mountain Lion?

Forum Thread: Virtual Machine Not Allowing Setoolkit Connections?

I have tested this a bunch of times. Now it seems when I use setoolkit on my kali linux virtual box (bridged adapter through internet), I can only connect to my LAN ip address through my host machine, and not any other on my network. It's very odd. Any ideas as what could be happening? I already deleted my kali linux and I am downloading a new iso file now.

Forum Thread: WPScan Help!!!

Hey, So, I have been pentesting with #WPScan on Kali Linux. So... It keeps saying that I should not Brute Force because it'll say my IP and stuff. Does wearing a VPN stop this?? Or is there any other way?