Forum Thread: Mac (For Hacking)

hello fellow hackers :)

i would just like to state i am new and am loving this website it is awesome ! i have always been amazed and inspired by the things people can do with hacking and i won't to learn them myself,

i wont to buy a mac for hacking ( also personal computer ) so just a couple of questions
whats the advantages and disadvantages of pc and mac?
if i get a mac could i just use boot camp or parallels to hack ?
can i use backtrack on boot camp and parallels ?

also any other things i should know about please let me know

thanks guys have a good day :)

4 Responses

There really will be no advantages or disadvantages between the two other than price; you're going to be using Linux anyway so the PC/Mac argument is null and void.

Yes, you can run Linux as a virtual machine on both PC and Mac.

Backtrack is no longer supported, the new distro is Kali Linux.

I would suggest having a quick read through my post here as it's got a few links for newer users as well as a quick rundown on how we do things here. Also, I recommend getting a bit more I.T. experience under your belt as hacking requires a solid understanding of the foundational I.T. skills.

ghost_

Thanks GHOST I have read a few of you comments and think your pretty cool and know what your talking about, well that's solves everything going to buy a Mac during the week (:

If you want to type my name without making the rest of your text italics, just use the underscore twice in succession like so _.

ghost_

Bob,

As Ghost said, the PC/Mac doesn't matter if you are using a virtual machine for hacking. If you are just hacking without any virtual machines, than windows would definitely be the best because of its range of options and software.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active