Forum Thread: PST File - Outlook Inbox Repair Tool Can't Repair

We recently enabled folder redirection for a few staff members. After their PST file is migrated to the network share, Outlook can't read it. When we run the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool. We get this error: This data file appears to have been created using a newer version of Microsoft Outlook that this Inbox Repair Tool does not support.

The Office version has not changed on these machines - they are running Office 2013. SCANPST is being ran from these machines as well.

Does anyone have a solution?

Join the Next Reality AR Community

Get the latest in AR — delivered straight to your inbox.

4 Responses

Just did a little Googling. Have yout tried this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/2c3ff9cd-efc9-4ec2-b245-44207a7d57ef/2010-scanpst-not-recognising-2010-pst

"Last time I was encountered the same issue like you, I opened the data file on another workstation and exported the data to create a brand new PST file which opened without any issues in the affected Outlook profile. That resolved the case. I thought there might be corruption in the Outlook data file (PST)."

If someone sent an email to your Outlook.com account but you can't find it, read Search Mail and People in Outlook.com. If the message never arrived, there are several things you can do to try to fix the problem:

Check your Junk Email folder
Clean out your inbox
Check your inbox filter and sort settings
Check the Other tab
Check your Blocked senders and Safe senders lists
Check your email rules
Check email forwarding
Check if your account is blocked
Remove some connected accounts
Contact the sender

Regards,
Bruce

If you are unable to restore or repair PST files using Inbox Repair Tool then check the free demo version of MS Outlook PST Recovery Tool developed by MCT. PST Repair Tool helps you to recover and export all the content in a completely new PST and other files formats such as MSG, MBOX, DBX, and EML. The software can be used in both Windows and Mac Operating systems to fix PST files effectively.

Get free demo to view all amazing features of Outlook Email Recovery Tool: Download Free Demo

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active