Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: 4G Wireless Cards

Hello guys I have a theoretical situation. John was on a 3 week cruise for vacation along with some coworkers. John doesn't like his coworkers and one of them happens to have a brand new 4g wireless USB card for his laptop. Not only his John good at hacking but his social engineering skills a great too. But John needs some malware that will give him control over the Wlan. His co-worker is running windows 7.

Forum Thread: NAS Home Server

I'm going to set up an old windows 7 'craptop' as a NAS server on my home network.. Now what are the possibilities that I could take advantage of while hacking and cracking passwords ?

Forum Thread: Gained Access to Email, What Next?

I'm a high school student, trying to gain access to a teacher's account on the PowerSchool service. I got her school network password by recording her typing it in. She has reused this password for both her school-official email address and her personal email address (and several other sites), so I have access to both. However, she is using a different password for PowerSchool, and it also isn't the default password. PowerSchool claims that it's logging each failed attempt, so I don't think I...

Forum Thread: How Can I Infiltrate an iPhone 6s?

Sorry for the vague request, but I'd like ideas on how to get back at some guy who harassed my daughter online. Ok, so I have his handphone number, his address, and a working laptop to install whatever I need. I have an E-mail spoofer, and I am also proficient in HTML and CSS (won't help much in this case) and I'm currently learning JavaScript. I figured I'd turn to the community for ideas and angle of attacks. I have no physical access not am I within close proximity of the target. Help please?

Forum Thread: How Do I Set Up Repositories and Wifi in Kali Linux

I just installed Kali on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid 2010), but when I did I didn't have an internet connection. Now, I don't really have repositories, and my wifi is all screwed up. I think I need the drivers for my card and I definitely need repositories set up. Can someone please tell me how to do this? I've looked on google and various forums, but I can't really find anything. I also really don't want to mess up my Kali and have to start over. PLEASE help me.

Forum Thread: Cron & Anacron, Need Help.

test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly ) That script is in my crontab, my "system wide" one. Now i understand crontab is "suppose" to execute commands before anacrontab. But i read that command and i can't help to think that the " test -x /usr/sbin/anacron " is saying to see if anacron exists, and to execute if it does, hence the -x option.

Forum Thread: HDD and SSD

What is the difference between HDD and SSD? I've heard that SSD helps with boot up time. How and why does it do that? Does having SSD affect the ease of partitioning a new operating system or saving files? I'm looking at getting a new laptop and all the reviews talk about SSD being a necessity, especially for gaming. I won't be doing much gaming, but I want a powerhouse of a computer, for about $1000 or less. Any recommendations on this as well? I want a 1TB HD, at least 12GB of memory, at le...

Forum Thread: Linux Mint 17.1 MATE Metasploit

I have Linux Mint 17.1 MATE dual booted on my mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13. How can I get metasploit for Mint? I'm trying to learn how to hack, and based on the AMAZING tutorials on here, it sounds like a necessary and invaluable tool. I looked on metasploit.com and saw that I can only get the limited version for free. Is there a way that I can get the full version for free? I really don't want to switch to backtrack or kali until I've practically mastered linux and hacking. Thank You, in advanced...