Forum Thread: How To Get The Hacking Environment?

i have seen all the videos regarding the hacking environment but i still dont know what kind of operating system we need to use.....my question is that the kali linux i have to install in same way that i install my windows regularly or their is some kind of virtual environment we need to create from windows 8.1 or 7 or linux because in every tutorial they start from the software like virtual box or sometime terminals..... i want the hacking environment from fresh start and right now i have windows 8.1 so should i have to format and reinstall the kali linux or there is some other method.... please help....... this is so much confusing......

Join the Next Reality AR Community

Get the latest in AR — delivered straight to your inbox.

7 Responses

Let me translate for you: I do not want to go through any additional steps to get to kali. I want kali up the moment my PC starts. How can I reformat my hard drive so that it supports a dual boot with my Windows 8.1? It is pretty confusing since I am new to this.

I both hate and respect this. Poor choice of words tho.

i know about the dual boot....... i just want to know that it is necessary to install kali linux or other operating system in other word can i use ms windows for practicing the hacks.....

yes you can, by using a virtual machin

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active