Forum Thread: Next Steps

I want some advice from the experts and more advanced: What should I go about next?

If you've read some of my posts I assume you know some of the stuff I understand and some of the stuff I can do. However, here is a compiled list:

-I know how to install Kali Linux off a USB, as well as using it on a VM.

-I understand how to use Linux - The different shells (vi, Z, etc), how to change permissions, go to directories, copy, compile, edit code, etc.

-I understand how to hack WiFi (WEP, WPA, etc.)

-I understand the basics of metasploit, from payload creation, to setting up a listener, and getting a meterpreter shell

-I understand how network works, from public/private IP, to setting up a FTP server, etc.
-I am capable of using password cracking tools, from hydra to john.

I know thats not all, but you kind of get the idea.

I can write code in HTML/CSS (I've created a website with bootstrap), and currently learning C++, and Lua.

Thanks for taking the time out to read, and please help suggest things that will help with this. I am wanting to become a full-time pentester after finishing HS and college, so I really appreciate some advice!

2 Responses

Try out cybrary.it It's free, and offers course training for different certificates.

Depends on what you want to do. Learn SQL injection, XSS and more for web apps or learn how to find 0-day vulnerabilities and write exploits for them.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active