Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: Forensics Regarding Attempted Rape

Say a friend was attempted rape by two employees at one restaurant... she goes to police this time, the 2nd, and they say its he said versus she said. Using KaliLinux on my PC, can I use a tool on there to extract text data as further evidence that this happened not just 3 months ago but just recently as well? It helps to corroborate her story yeah? Or what is recommended to extract text data

Forum Thread: PGP Public Key Block ?

I've recently started checking out websites related to hacking and security, namely phrack.org. What I have seen in many of these websites, and also on some blogs written by hacktivists is a PGP public key block heading , accompanied by some block of random text below.

Forum Thread: Can You Load a Key Logger

My question is : Can you load a key logger to another computer with an auto exe. file where the other person would not know. I would like to give a thumb drive with photos on the drive and then hide a key logger file that will run once it is put into the Usb drive the auto execute in the background without the other person knowing that is running???

Forum Thread: Help with Kali

Hey guys I have a problem that I was hoping you guys could help me out with. I've tried installing KALI for weeks now and have run into a plethora of problems. They ranged from wonky boot options (since my computer is brand new) to the ISO not being readable in disc format, to the live usb becoming totally un recognizable to the computer. While all these problems were solved after googling around, I think now I've hit a stone wall. Certain apps work only sometimes, and when they don't the sam...

Forum Thread: Se Toolkit Help

hi, some time ago i used set credential harvester to get some passwords to fb accounts over the internet, but now when i try it makes the possible user and possible password "_user=0" and when i try with apache the txt file is blank.

Forum Thread: OSX Exploits?

Hi! I don't know why, but I have rarely seen people using windows. I don't know if that's just a NYC thing, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any metasploit exploits I could use to get a meterpreter on a mac? Thanks - Cameron

Forum Thread: .Bashrc

Does anyone have the original .rc code for Kali Linux's Terminal? I tried to modify my Terminal using the one that were provided by romeoandjuliet, but it ended up fucked my Terminal pretty badly.

Forum Thread: Thank You Null Byte

Null byte so far has been amazing in every way possible. I have learned more in the past 3 days than I have in my entire life of asking google my questions. Null byte is full of a great community of curious people willing to help anyone at any time. If you are new here, and you are wondering what to expect, then I suggest taking the time to read some of the community's great tutorials. Thanks again, Cameron.

Forum Thread: Help with Sublime Tect 2

Hey guys I have a huge problem and figured that the friendly Null-Byte Community could help me out with. I've started using Sublime Text and it is awesome. I have already designed my first website on it. However, when I started my second website, I realised that separating the two projects would be a wise move. However, since I didn't know anything about projects, I accidentally mixed the two. Thinking it wasn't a big deal, I just deleted the projects and was about to open the files I needed ...

Forum Thread: Kali Linux Gnome Update Error

So i updated my Kali Linux using "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y", that obviously it updates my system and the "-y" says to accept the update, but after updating everything INCLUDING GNOME i restart my computer and the it appears this: Has anyone had this error? If yes or no, can you help me?

Forum Thread: Kali Linux & Dynamic IP

Im running Kali linux as my OS. Its x64 kali now. And i want to use all the goods and power what i gives. And i want to ment, im new to this all. So my probleme starts here, at Dynamic IP. Nothing is actualy working, i cant use MSF, armitage, SeToolkit, or anything else. Couse i gues i dont recive data back. Losing connections on Armitage when try to capture remote pc.

Forum Thread: Tor Website Hack?

Me and a few of my friends are were throwing around some theories on how to hack Tor websites. Almost all of the were complete garbage as one could assume. But we did come up with one that I believe plausible. Is it possible to upload a program to a website then get the website to execute it? What the program would do is Ping a server that would record where the packets are coming from. or maybe make a TCP connection to he server much like nmap does. Would this be a viable solution to hack a ...