Forum Thread: Which Language Use Everywhere ?

Which Language Use Everywhere ?

So which computer language use everywhere,like in making desktop or mobile software , making website, making os ,commanding arudino .

8 Responses

Assembly, the only language in the world that can be directly understood by a microprocessor.

-Phoenix750

True, but we have more then one assembler language, each for another architecture. It is not portable at all. For x86 you have few assemblers, each architecture uses another registers and stuff like that.

There is no ONE language for any device. Start with python, easy, used on many devices like PC and servers. There is also possibility to script on android. Then move to some serious tools like C/C++. With that knowladge you can move to C# or Java. This languages are really portable but slow. They also treat you "as kid". C/C++ allows programer to shot his own foot, Java will protect him and cover things related to memory.

To sum up, use C/C++ for serious work (but learn it really well, because bad habits will "kill" you), then python/ruby for scripting portable scripts/wrappers for pc/mac/linux/android/web frameworks. And java/c# for mobile devices.

The most popular language for microcontrolers is embeded C. It's really similar to C, there are few rules you have to follow.

I usually program my microcontrollers in assembly.

-Phoenix750

As you want. I prefer C for AVR/atmega microcontrolers. Assembler is better for such small amount of memory, but needs more time for coding (learning).

I find that assembly grants more control over what your microcontroller does, which is why I usually use it.

I do use embedded C for smaller projects, though.

-Phoenix750

I heard something about Livecode. Should be the closest thing you're looking for, besides Java.

-The Joker

Binary!

but if you're talking readable languages, the one I know, I'd say Java, because its cross platform (meaning write it in Windows, run it on Linux,or vice versa.)

Oddly though, its only JavaSE (Standard Edition). Mobile devices use JavaME (Mobile Edition) for their apps

Okay, I'm a little late but:

This sounds like you have little programming experience and want to find the swiss army knife of programming so that you can do anything.

Each language is built for a different reason and if you want a job in programming you need to master probably half a dozen.

A few like assembly or even binary programming are everywhere, but that is because it communicates at the lowest possible level. That's like asking "What is used to build every house?" and you point to the cement that makes up the foundation.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active