Forum Thread: I Have a Postqresql Problem

I want to know how to edit update-rc.d and add postgresql to whitelist and comment in blacklistI
-know that Postgresql won't work on a chroot environment without whitelisting it.
But how I do that
-never did figure out how to whitelist postgresql

20 Responses

Maybe you could be more specific on what you intend to do?

I have Kali Linux on a phone device and whatever I try to start postgresql ore I try apt-get upgrade I have in error message

Someone already tell me that I have to edit update-rc.d and add postgresql to whitelist and comment in blacklistl

root@kali:~# service postgresql stop
ok Stopping PostgreSQL 9.4 database server: main.
root@kali:~# service postgresql start

.... Starting PostgreSQL 9.4 database server: main.... The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output: 2016-03-16 01:05:32 UTC 13645-1 FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Function not implemented 2016-03-16 01:05:32 UTC 13645-2 DETAIFAILiled system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=40, 03600). ... failed!

failed!
root@kali:~#

Was does the log file say?

I

I think are taking advice from someone who does not know what they are doing.

What are you using PostgreSQL for?

root@kali:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? Y/n y
Setting up postgresql-9.4 (9.4.6-0+deb8u1) ...*

.... Starting PostgreSQL 9.4 database server: main.... The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output: 2016-03-16 01:51:19 UTC 18404-1 FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Function not implemented 2016-03-16 01:51:19 UTC 18404-2 DETAIFAILiled system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=40, 03600). ... failed!

failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript postgresql, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package postgresql-9.4 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
postgresql-9.4
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

First, check the log messages as the error says.

Second, you don't need postgresql to use Metasploit.

Sorry but i am new on the android so where I can check the log message on android

Why are you determined to have postgresql? You should have MySQL installed.

When I run msfconsol I get

root@kali:~# msfconsole

• Failed to connect to the database: could not connect to server: Connection refused

Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432

Metasploit runs fine without postgresql.

Yeah working but still having that error below. And look up for posgresql to work for armitage

msfconsole works great without postgresql. This is only a problem on the mobile version of Kali. Either use the x86 or x64 version or even easier, use msfconsole.

root@kali:~# service postgresql start

.... Starting PostgreSQL 9.4 database server: main.... The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output: 2016-03-16 17:38:32 UTC 28437-1 FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Function not implemented 2016-03-16 17:38:32 UTC 28437-2 DETAIFAILiled system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=40, 03600). ... failed!

failed!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active