Forum Thread: instaBrute Help Required.

Hey guyz, i recently found out that instagram accounts can be hacked by dictionary attacks(Noob here) and so i found out the scripts online and tried them. i found this python script .

now i am new to python and tried my best but i cant get this to work . i kept on getting some error. then i did some googling and realized that it was because of the python version. i tried installing python 2 but still i got some errors... can anyone help a bit and tell me what i am doing wrong. is something wrong with the script...or i am doing it wrong. some help will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

19 Responses

ImportError: cannot import name GopherError

ImportError: cannot import name GopherError
i am getting this error right now.

I think you do not install yet the needed module,
do this in your terminal/cmd/powershell to install the module using pip.
do it separately

python -m pip install -u mechanize
python -m pip install -u simplejson
python -m pip install -u selenium

-imsorryformybadenglish

UPDATE:the script work for me.hacking into my acc was easy :D.

thanks a lot brother . it finally worked :D

bro can u explain?
i did not understand

Redacted

I would suggest just re-writing it in Python 3. You're get plenty of experience.

i am new to python . have never read any of python scripts before. i know c++ . Plus i am running windows. is there any tool or something which can covert it..or any other such easy way. i am in a hurry so xD

Hi, I went through the code. It uses selenium to brute-force. I should point it out to you if you are not familiar with python or selenium, this will be REALLY REALLY SLOW! Selenium uses web-drivers to interact with the webpages. If you run the script you'll find that it opens a browser and automates just the task of entering usernames and passwords in the required fields. It then presses the login button and checks if there are words on the page like 'wrong username/password' to see if it was a success or not. I would not recommend using this method unless you have a fair idea of what the victim's password actually is.

To make it go faster you can use multi-threading, get a really fast internet connection and use a cluster, say of raspberry-pi(s) to divide the work between nodes. It'll be many times faster.

I wrote a python script a while back which can help you with this, I'll have to look for it my backup drives. What it basically is a server client implementation just like in Trojan horse. So the client script has to run on system startup, like in windows you can add it in start>All Programs>startup folder, similarly in Linux. It'll run in background and listen for connection from server. When it connects to the server, it is programmed to receive files (can be another python script, in this case your brute-force script and a dictionary file) and run these. So in less words, client will download your brute-force script and dictionary and run it, and return the results. when you have say, 10 raspberry pi(s), it will go so much faster than your lenovo laptop. The server script is responsible for breaking the dictionary file into 10 smaller files and sending the brute-force script and one the new smaller dictionary files to each raspberry-pi(s). Sort of what happens in Hadoop (Big data analytic).

I would suggest you try it out.

i thought of doing exactly the same but now as you mention that this script opens the web browser and does everything as you mention....then wont it do the same in the client's computer.?

This script? Yes, and I hope you are not confusing 'client' to be the victim. To be sure lets call them nodes and server. Yes, the script will do the same process on all nodes. But it is still faster than doing it on a single laptop. The procedure in this script is itself very slow and thus inefficient for me. I used the nodes for something else entirely, running script on a data file.

If you have a fair idea of what the password is, say you know it is one of the passwords in you dictionary of 10,000 passwords. Then your laptop may take around 13 hours to try them all. On the cluster of 10 it will theoretically take 1.3 hours. You see the point?

yeah i see the point. but i saw a video on youtube ..he demonstrated this attack and it didnt actually open the web browser for each username-password combination.....it did everything on the command promt itself

are you sure that this script will open the browser...coz time is not the problem. i will probably install it in my college's server somehow. dozens of computers and very good internet speed. so.. xP

but if it opens the web browser than it might be of no use....are u sure about that.?

bro im getting errors in kali linux help me bro

C:\Users\ASUS\Desktop\insta\instaBrute-master>python
txt -d dictionary.txt
Using 1 seconds of delay
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "instaBrute.py", line 142, in <module>
main()
File "instaBrute.py", line 132, in main
driver = webdriver.Firefox(profile)
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\selenium-2.48.
er\firefox\webdriver.py", line 77, in _init_
self.binary, timeout),
er\firefox\extension_connection.py", line 49, in _i
self.binary.launch_browser(self.profile)
er\firefox\firefoxbinary.py", line 68, in launchbr
self.waituntil_connectable()
er\firefox\firefoxbinary.py", line 103, in wait_un
raise WebDriverException("Can't load the profile
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Messa
Profile Dir: %s If you specified a log_file in the F
eck it for details.

why me always go to blank firefox ?

I am having the same issue of the blank webpage.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi guys, i have a problem with instabrute when i write the shell command:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "instaBrute.py", line 142, in <module>
main()
File "instaBrute.py", line 136, in main
driver = webdriver.Firefox(profile)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/selenium/webdriver/firefox/webdriver.py", line 142, in _init_
self.service.start()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 74, in start
stdout=self.logfile, stderr=self.logfile)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 390, in _init_
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1024, in executechild
raise child_exception
OSError: Errno 8 Exec format error
Help me, please.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active