Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: A Website Is Never 100% Secure ?

I did read this a lot on the web. With my little experience, maybe i can say that this is not so true. When you analyze a site with the best tools, try different exploits, and do this the best you can, and finally find nothing, it's pretty odd. The only thing that worked for me is to find random targets with dorks (sql injections), such a big script kiddie. And maybe a simple DDOS leak that is not so intellectually interesting.

Forum Thread: Confused Noob

I Inadvertently Left Kali Running a Scan on Local APs Using the Airodump Function in Aircrack Whilst I Was Away for a Couple of Days. Upon My Return I Find That It Has Seemingly Grabbed Shedloads of WPA Handshakes for Various BSSIDs Whilst I've Been Away. As I'm Used to Using the Tutorials on Here (Whereby You Use the -W Command to Create a File for the Captured 'Shakes) I've No Idea Where to Find the Handshakes. I Know I Need to Make a Start on the Linux Basics Tutorials but Any Assistance i...

Forum Thread: How do I get India to stopping email spamming me?

I have been bombarded with spam emails from anyone and everyone, and I'm okay with that, but recently some folks in India have gotten a hold of my email address and have been spamming me 5-10 times each day, usually just minutes apart. My spam filter does not catch most of these for some reason. Here are just the five most recent spam example addresses:

Forum Thread: How Would I Download Files from a Compromised Windows System

So I've compromised a windows 7 system(system priv and all) and would like to download files directly from his computer to mine. Is it possible to write a script that would search his computer for any files titled sales and download them? I couldn't find anything in the ultimate list of meterpreter scripts. Google searches have led me to find veil-pillage's Remote Desktop tool as a possible option but there has to be a more discreet way. Thanks in advance.

Forum Thread: Virtual Private Networks

After being introduced to the pentesting field a few months ago and stumbling across this site, I must say it has been a huge help since I am completely self taught. I am starting to look more into VPN's. Which ones offer more bang for their buck and the pros and cons of having one and such. Really any information in general. I figured that maybe other users of this site would be wondering this same question. So what are your thoughts? Are they worth it? If so, which ones? Does living in a ce...

Forum Thread: Need VPN Help

Ok @Null-Byte, everything has been GREAT here so far! I love this place, it is my new home is the interw3bz. But all of the sec-talk has got me thinking I should set up my own personal VPN. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction on this.

Forum Thread: Introduction

Hey everyone. I am new here and new to this world. I am working on a degree in Information tech and very interested in everything electronic. I am just learning linux now and I love it. Just wrote my first couple basic scripts the other day. figuring out how to crack wifi networks and all. Anyway wanted to get to know some people here who dont mind helping someone who has questions and a desire to learn. Making friends is always good and i dont know anything so please all advice and just gene...

Forum Thread: Route to Becoming a Professional Hacker

I don't have a degree in CS, nor is it likely I will be able to acquire one in the near future. I do however have the desire to become a professional ethical hacker. I have been reading up on this, and it seems that many people do not consider a CS degree to be essential for achieving this goal. It is obvious though that an obscene amount of technical knowledge spanning a majority of the IT spectrum is a must. This doesn't bother me too much as I believe myself capable of attaining enough kno...

Forum Thread: Linux Questions

Hi i have some questions about Linux i want to leanr about this world of hacking and i know that Linux is better for this propose i have windows 7 atm and i know that are various types of windows like windows XP , Windows Vista , and i want to know what is the best version of Linux to download and install on My pc cause i need to delete everything and if i do that i can install another OS.

Forum Thread: Blank Administrator Password

i was wondering if there anyway to exploit a computer using metasploit Framework if the target have an administrator with blank password , like what you can do in MSSQL server if "SA" have a blank password , also if there is any well known key logger that you can trust or a Trojan that's well known for its reliability.

Forum Thread: Aahh Good to Be Back

I used to post regularly but since my Linux crashed somehow (probably did something wrong installing incompatible packages), well... all my projects i was working on were so much delayed that i decided to quit on them. But that´s about to change!

Forum Thread: BeEF

Does anyone know if there is decent documentation for beEF? everything I can find is terribly vague. More specifically, using the Java exploit handler to start a reverse connection...

Forum Thread: How to keylogg

If to be honest guys I'm green on this things but Would like to find as much as I possibly can. First of all i want to know the best way how to do keylogging and as much safe of course. I have simple windows 7. Would be grateful if somebody could give me some good tips,

Forum Thread: Is There a Way to Remove the Restrictions Made by the Admin from the PC You Are Using?

I can't access the control panel. I can't access the command prompt and even if I do, there are specific commands that the admin has restricted so I can't use some of the commands in cmd. I can download files but I can't install those to the computer I'm using. And lastly, I can't access some websites like youtube and facebook. I know there are proxy servers but is there a way that I can unblock all the sited the admin blocked?