Forum Thread: Virtual Private Networks

After being introduced to the pentesting field a few months ago and stumbling across this site, I must say it has been a huge help since I am completely self taught. I am starting to look more into VPN's. Which ones offer more bang for their buck and the pros and cons of having one and such. Really any information in general. I figured that maybe other users of this site would be wondering this same question. So what are your thoughts? Are they worth it? If so, which ones? Does living in a certain part of the world effect which ones will work for you? If you see them as a bad thing or have had a bad experience, please share in the comments.

2 Responses

I've found that Hamachi is useful if you're just looking for something small, possibly sharing files between machines in physically different locations, or gaming over a "LAN" with friends in other areas. I believe the free version only supports 5 machines, so it may or may not work for your needs.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx

I use boxpn.com. During several months of usage I have no complaints concerng speed and functioning. From the standpoint of its yearly price it's great service. After some unpleasant situation with my bank data sending through the Internet I can't serf without vpn connection because feel myself in great insecure.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active