Forum Thread: How to Get Social Media Accounts and Real Name from the Footprints Left Behind by a Phone Number

So in here we are about to discuss how social media accounts and real name from just a phone number by analyzing the footprints left behind by it, for this we have a great tool I made myself which can come handy
named DeadTrap [https://github.com/Chr0m0s0m3s/DeadTrap ] . Some of you might ask is how does it works?

well its pretty simple the tool branches into two modules one of which the popular numverify api which extracts all the geolocation , carrier , line type and other stuffs of the phone number. The second one whereas is a bit more interesting, it scrapes through the popular sites like truecaller and syncme to see if the number exists in there. If it is there then it prints out the name , then it moves through social media sites like facebook , linkedin and twitter to scrape the data which the phone number might have left behind in these sites. After that , the number goes through a google search to see if its a voip , disposable or fraud number or not. Then at last it prints out all the information it has gathered all together right in front of your terminal.

Above you can see a demo snapshot of a scan by the tool. So to install it go to my github page and clone the repository DeadTrap by typing : ```git clone github.com/Chr0m0s0m3s/DeadTrap.git```

after that switch to the DeadTrap folder with the command : ```cd DeadTrap```

Then here on it divides between two kind of OS users , if you are on Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) type : ```python3 setup.py``` to complete the installation and you are good to run the main file now by typing : ```python3 main.py``` and if you are on windows you gotta setup the geckodriver manually for this tool to work. here is the link to geckodriver [https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases ], then after that run ```python3 main.py``` in the command prompt to run the tool and you are good to go. Goodluck and have fun.

14 Responses

Hey! This is an interesting tool, but when I try to run it, it gives me an error saying:

File "main.py", line 90, in <module>
banner()
File "/root/DeadTrap/Style/banner.py", line 9, in banner
files = os.listdir(path)
FileNotFoundError: Errno 2 No such file or directory: '/DeadTrap/Style/logos/'

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

sure...just go to line 90 and remove the ```banner()``` in there...lemme know if you face any other problem

Sorry I couldn't reply for a while. Just wanted to say that this worked. You've made an awesome tool and I really like it!

Could you please take a look at my issue just below this one.;

Could you take a look at the issue I am having. I fixed the banner prob, so please disregard that part.

Thanks in advance!

When I was installing, I got this:

Running Firefox as root in a regular user's session is not supported. ($XAUTHORITY is /run/user/1000/.mutter-Xwaylandauth.W39WN0 which is owned by charles.)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 15, in <module>
version = resultmarker:.splitlines()0
IndexError: list index out of range
root@nsa:/home/charles/DeadTrap# python3 main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 90, in <module>
banner()
File "/home/charles/DeadTrap/Style/banner.py", line 9, in banner
files = os.listdir(path)
FileNotFoundError: Errno 2 No such file or directory: '/DeadTrap/Style/logos/'
root@nsa:/home/charles/DeadTrap#

Your assistance is appreciated.

I tried to open the tool, but its not working for me. I found the location of the new repository and cloned it, and after that i tried python3 setup.py, but it says there is no such directory or file... Please help with that.. Thanks in advance

try pip3 install -r requirements.txt
after that run main.py

Thank you so much brother. I did it manually with ur help. I feel there is a little mistake in requirements.txt , i took all the ' " ' in those version value in the requirements.txt. And it worked well. I don't know if that was a problem for me alone.. But felt i could share. Thanks brother.

Thanks...I will look into it

hi men! cant found the repository!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active