Forum Thread: What Skills Should a Hacker Have?

So, what are the basic (or not so basic) skills a hacker should have before learning specific techniques for specific purposes?

5 Responses

Scripting and a bit of programmation : )

Sorry, but i don't think so!

To know about your system and your target and how networking is working and how to use the tools is more important then any programing language.

Ok, to crypt/packing any files for hiding of an AV it's good to know about programing.

@M. L. I am not that professional but I wanna share something, I think one way you could "learn about your system and your target and how networking is working and how to use tools" is by learning programming :D

@JHAVE21
Programming is for me to make your own exploits/programs, or hide everything from a AV.
To know about your system and your target is for me, to know how linux and windows-systems incl. servers are working.

And to know how networking is working is for me to know all about networks (incl. ports - forward, add route; AD, DNS...).

And last but not least, to know how to use the tools is for me to know how the tool you choose is working, as example how scan tcp- or udp-ports with nmap or how to make a stealth scan...

You see, there is no need for programming anything!

i get your point, yes you are somewhat right :D, but if you wanna go hacking, programming will give you a lot, and I mean a lot,

But I disagree about this part "You see, there is no need for programming anything!", I suggest looking for some articles (or wikipedia) about "script-kiddie". Why don't you try hacking a talking doll using metasploit framework?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active