Forum Thread: Can C Programming Help Me for Hacking or Pen Testing.

I am going to learn programming language and my friends are suggesting me to learn C. need help...

13 Responses

C/C++ Programming Language gives you the Ultimate power to Control a computer. It;s like a heart of the computer.

Its Powerful and flexible. Though what you should remember is, it is really hard to learn. But that does not mean you shouldn't try.

I did it, and so can you.

But if you want, and you are new to Programming World, Then I would suggest you to learn Bash then Python.
These languages are really simple and easy to lean, Plus Really helpful.

The rest is up to you. :)

Uncle Micheal

Im new to programming, Im learning c/c++ on my own. And i dont actually find it that hard. But when I look at a python script, it look very complicated. But maybe thats because I dont udnerstand a brick of it xD

I cant tell about whether python or c/c++ is easiest, when I havent tried programming with python yet. But c/c++ seems easier to me?

Am I the only one feeling that way?

no you're not the only one. it's preference. it's like some people loving chocolate ice cream, but others prefer strawberry or vanilla.

for myself, i love low level languages like C and Assembly, so i have many problems understanding Python, Bash, and other high level programming/scripting languages. this preference of mine has many pros, but also cons. a positive side of it is that you can easily find 0-day vulnerabilities in a program if you are good with low level languages, because you need to understand memory segments etc. (like Ciuffy mentioned)

a negative side is that assembly isn't really functional to create hacking tools (nor is C, really.), whereas Python is, because of it's many libraries.

personally, i find x86 assembly easier to understand that Python.

This is so interesting, I would hope i could get a job like this in the future, You seems to know a lot about programming phoenix. As i remember you are studying programming am i right? If it is, Do you ever get bored programming. I mean im really looking forward to being a programmer, and i actually have to chosse this year which high school i should join.

Please share your thoughts :)

i continue studying programming, because it never ends! as for if i ever get bored: right now, i don't. but sometimes i really don't want to programming anymore. but at the end of a project, you kind of get the feeling that through a lot of struggle, you still created something cool. and that's what it's all about.

-Phoenix750

i face the same thing too :(
i don't like python! my friend doesn't believe it!!

C Programming is an ANSI/ISO standard and powerful programming language for developing real time applications. C programming language was invented by Dennis Ritchie at the Bell Laboratories in 1972. It was invented for implementing UNIX operating system. C is most widely used programming language even today. All other programming languages were derived directly or indirectly from C programming concepts. This tutorial explains all basic concepts in C like history of C language, data types, keywords, constants, variables, operators, expressions, control statements, array, pointer, string, library functions, structures and unions etc.

This C programming tutorial is designed for the new learners, students and also for the corporate level developers who want to learn and refresh their C programming skills.

I agree with Michael,first learn something simple like python,and then move on to c/c++,java..

With a full comprehension of the C language, you are also supposed to comprehend memory segments, manipulation and modulation, which is at the very basica of exploitation, and many famous and refommended texts assume that.

I think I am going to learn c programming because reading all you're post and I have also heard that c programming can help in learning other programming also..but my question is can c be used to make exploits,malware,hacking tools and other..but thank you everybody for you're help..now I am going to read c/c++ then python and then other and other..

I learned C/C++ programming as my first language, and I am so happy that i did. Its complexity made most other languages easy to learn. Also, learning these low level languages allows to learn about low level concepts such as segments, pointers, etc.. I do enjoy using python for penetration testing because i can very quickly create something that would take a more time in C. An example of this would be socket programming, where you need to know about multiple structs and have more knowledge on how network sockets work. However, I have run into multiple situations where my python code was more complex than my C code. I recommend all my friends to learn C/C++ before another language, because you work through the hard stuff first, and dont have to deal with it in other languages.

Thank you hackesh arp for you're suggestion..I think c will help me to understand other programming language also.Tomorrow I will go and buy books of c and start to learn..

Good luck learning!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active