Forum Thread: Can C Programming Help Me for Hacking or Pen Testing.

I am going to learn programming language and my friends are suggesting me to learn C. need help...

10 Responses

C/C++ Programming Language gives you the Ultimate power to Control a computer. It;s like a heart of the computer.

Its Powerful and flexible. Though what you should remember is, it is really hard to learn. But that does not mean you shouldn't try.

I did it, and so can you.

But if you want, and you are new to Programming World, Then I would suggest you to learn Bash then Python.
These languages are really simple and easy to lean, Plus Really helpful.

The rest is up to you. :)

Uncle Micheal

Im new to programming, Im learning c/c++ on my own. And i dont actually find it that hard. But when I look at a python script, it look very complicated. But maybe thats because I dont udnerstand a brick of it xD

I cant tell about whether python or c/c++ is easiest, when I havent tried programming with python yet. But c/c++ seems easier to me?

Am I the only one feeling that way?

C Programming is an ANSI/ISO standard and powerful programming language for developing real time applications. C programming language was invented by Dennis Ritchie at the Bell Laboratories in 1972. It was invented for implementing UNIX operating system. C is most widely used programming language even today. All other programming languages were derived directly or indirectly from C programming concepts. This tutorial explains all basic concepts in C like history of C language, data types, keywords, constants, variables, operators, expressions, control statements, array, pointer, string, library functions, structures and unions etc.

This C programming tutorial is designed for the new learners, students and also for the corporate level developers who want to learn and refresh their C programming skills.

I agree with Michael,first learn something simple like python,and then move on to c/c++,java..

With a full comprehension of the C language, you are also supposed to comprehend memory segments, manipulation and modulation, which is at the very basica of exploitation, and many famous and refommended texts assume that.

I think I am going to learn c programming because reading all you're post and I have also heard that c programming can help in learning other programming also..but my question is can c be used to make exploits,malware,hacking tools and other..but thank you everybody for you're help..now I am going to read c/c++ then python and then other and other..

I learned C/C++ programming as my first language, and I am so happy that i did. Its complexity made most other languages easy to learn. Also, learning these low level languages allows to learn about low level concepts such as segments, pointers, etc.. I do enjoy using python for penetration testing because i can very quickly create something that would take a more time in C. An example of this would be socket programming, where you need to know about multiple structs and have more knowledge on how network sockets work. However, I have run into multiple situations where my python code was more complex than my C code. I recommend all my friends to learn C/C++ before another language, because you work through the hard stuff first, and dont have to deal with it in other languages.

Thank you hackesh arp for you're suggestion..I think c will help me to understand other programming language also.Tomorrow I will go and buy books of c and start to learn..

Good luck learning!

C and C++ are both starting stage for all of us to learn and if we overcome the difficulties in this then upcoming code which will make you to clear easily since we crossed one of the main step in programming language. I loved in programming c language in different ways and you will also like going further.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active