Forum Thread: How to Find Someones Location by Image

Hello,

There are a couple of ways to track someones location. We can do it by grabbing there IP or we can just use the metadata stored in an image.

We can do it a couple of ways.

Images store something called EXIF data & metadata. With these, you can track someone, easily! First, let's go over the difference between them.

EXIF is a subset of Metadata and is the information originated by your camera. And as I believe, it can't be tampered with. Unlike Metadata. Metadata can be tampered with by user generated information.

Unlike Geo-location, EXIF data is usually always current!

To view Metadata, it's quite simple:

Download the image > Check the properties > Details > Go down and check on the: Longitude and Altitude then Google Map it!

If you want to strip the metadata from the photo, click "Remove Properties and Personal Information" at the bottom of the properties dialog.

If you want your pictures to stop recoding EXIF data, then just go to your Settings and turn of "Location Services".

3 Responses

How do I check the properties of a picture on a MacBook?

So I went on a cruise and I saw this really cute guy. I don't have his number and I don't know his name. I miss him like crazy but I have a picture of him. Is there a way I can use the picture to find him.

You can google search the image by going on google images and searching using the picture and it will search for images similar to it and mabye then you can find him, if you dont know how to do it u can simple just ask google how to search google by image. (im sorry if its kinda confusing, i cant explain things properly)

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active