Forum Thread: Hydra Attack 0 Passwords Found

I tried to use hydra i run this commands on Gmail and on Yahoo and it does not work for me maybe someone have an explanation ...

this is the commands i typed:
hydra -l "someone"@yahoo/Gmail.com -P {wordlist} -e ns -s 465/587 -S -v -V -t 1 smtp.mail.yahoo/Gmail.com smtp

18 Responses

I'm a noob in Terms of hacking and I don't even know what Hydra is but here's an idea:

Maybe the Password you try to crack isn't within the range of the wordlist you use. Try using another wordlist. If that does not work, try bruteforcing.

the password is in the wordlist i putted the correct password in the wordlist i just wanted to check how it's work..

Ah, if Hydra was enough to hack Gmail...

Are your tests based on the assumption that there are attempts restrictions?

Yeah i guess so, i mean like there's nothing stopping them for making an attempt restriction and stop hackers from being able to bruteforce, right?

smtp.mail.yahoo/Gmail.com smtp

Gmail uses a another smtp server. Its 'smtp.gmail.com'
What do you get if you try that one out?

i typed in the terminal

1. smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  2. smtp.gmail.com

yes , ITEV WHO i tried to do it , same problem(0 passwords found) :-(

What port you used? They either changed the port or the SMTP Address

when i used Gmail i typed 465
and the yahoo 587

Obviously Gmail and other Email services aren't fool.

They have preventions from brute force attacks. Gmail, Ymail will block your IP after several login attempts. If your lucky you might get the password before the your IP is blocked. They have particular no. of attempts after those all fails, it blocks the IP.

use a dynamic ip so you ip still wil be change

you will have 10 chance to do it on yahoo and about 100 chance in gmail so make your wordlist simple and small!

Yahoo still not working, are there any solution ??

Sadly (or not) the smtp.gmail server identifies the hydra pinging and return falses negatives. Sametime the e-mail owner receive a mail adverting about the attack. Maybe still work with other mail services. I'm trying to find a solution as well.

Try this i found a solution; but i am not responsible for your missuse of knowledge

hydra -l User@gmail.com -P (path to password) -S -s 465 -v -V smtps://smtp.gmail.com

I try to find my Huawei router password but router in domain port (53),
what can I do?

same problem.. need more valid information about hydra

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active