Forum Thread: Phishing (2.0) Maybe.. Just a Concept

Phishing (2.0) Maybe.. Just a Concept

Hello Guys,

One of the main bug in the concept of the original phishing page I thought was the change in URL i.e. if I am creating a phishing page of a site say facebook, it is not possible to have a domain of the same name which makes the user a bit easy for them to recognize weather its a phishing page or not

So, Basically what I want to say is it possible to do something like this.

Change that URL for the user to be something like this.

This may have been thought earlier but I am not aware of it . Acc to me this is my original idea thought while sleeping :p

Please provide some tips to make this idea a successful one .

9 Responses

It IS possible on LAN's. It's called "DNS spoofing".

-Phoenix750

Even then it works only if the victim doesn't have the website address stored in the browser. For example, if I try to spoof the Facebook DNS on a local area network, the victim will still be able to access the legitimate facebook if the URL is stored in the browser but if he removes the history and cleanse the browser and then loads the URL, only then he will be redirected to my phishing page.

If they have it stored in their browser, you could just wait for a DNS refresh. It doesn't make it impossible, just harder.

-Defalt

How long does it the DNS to refresh? I have spent hours trying to make it work but it didn't.

Thanks everyone, I will do some research on the same .

Btw I was thinking in any way I could manipulate the browser to do so(just a theory ,I think its only possible if the browser is not updated from a log time),I don't know much about it just imagination :p

#Come on guys why negative kudos. :'( I think its a good to think something like that and I feel discouraged when I see that :\

Kudos don't mean anything, trust me.

As for your question, you could reboot the PC over LAN to flush the DNS cage.

-Phoenix750

Does this always work? Because I can never do this. Unless we have different ways of rebooting the PC over lan

You could DOS it. In some cases, Windows then refreshes the NIC, and thus resets the DNS cache.

-Phoenix750

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active