Forum Thread: How to Use Exploits Written in C Code

Hi everyone this is my first post in this lovely forum and unfortunately it's a question, I know it's not a good start, but I'm really stuck in this CTF VM and hoping you can help me with this issue.

I'm trying to improve my skills by download some CTFs and try to PWNED them this time my target machine running Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4.6 with Suhosin-Patch and after the research I found this exploit in exploit-DB site https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/29290/ however I don't have a clue how to run this exploit!

I think i have to make changes here but i don't know how!
so can anyone help me with this?

6 Responses

What don't you understand? it seems quite self explanatory to me. What have you tried to do? Have you tried to compile it and run it yet? or do you not know how to compile it?

First ,thank you for your replay

Yes bro, i don't know how to compile it can you explain that for me ? and i don't know how to run files written in C code so if you can help me with it i will be glad

Ok, here is all you need to type: "gcc -o 29290 29290.c" that should compile the exploit so you can run it in terminal with "./29290" (of course with the required arguments after it :P)

Thank you alot i will try it when I back home I hope this work

No problem, let me know if there are any problems :)

How do i use exploit 29290.c. have compiled it successfully but do not know how to run it, please help. Thanks.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active