Forum Thread: How Save My New Password Wordlist "uniq.txt" in the Kali's Directory "/Usr/Share/Wordlist /" ?

Hello.

I have password lists (uniq.txt) I want to insert the following directory "/usr/share/wordlist /" Kali Linux as it is already the wordlist rockyou.txt.

How then register my new password wordlist "uniq.txt" in the directory "/usr/share/wordlist /" Kali to easily use it without having to break my head?

Example: I want to use it like this:
hydra -l mark -P /usr/share/wordlist/uniq.txt

Thank you for helping me save my new wordlist file "uniq.txt" in the directory "/usr/share/wordlist /" Kali for its easy use.

4 Responses

I think we are missing some infos maybe?

I'm not very familiar with hydra commands, but why don't you just put in the command the path of the wordlist wherever it is?

It sounds easy as moving a file...

Terminal
cp /PATHTO/uniq.txt /usr/share/wordlist/uniq.txt
rm -f /PATHTO/uniq.txt
(Run this only if you are sure you copied it, or you'll lose it!)
(just deleting the one under the old path, a wordlist takes much space)

GUI
Open /PATHTO
Open /usr/share/wordlist
Cut, paste.

But sure I misunderstood what you wanted to know, is that?

To be precise, the file (uniq.txt) of my new password lists I want to insert in the directory "/usr/share/wordlist/" Kali Linux as is already the default wordlist "RockYou. txt" (/usr/share/wordlist/rockyou.txt) is currently on the desktop of my computer (desktop/uniq.txt).

How then register my new password wordlist "uniq.txt" (now on the desktop of my computer "desktop/uniq.txt") in the directory "/usr/share/wordlist/" Kali for easy use without having to break my head as we used to use RockYou.txt for example: /usr/share/wordlist/rockyou.txt ?

Example: I want to use it like this:
hydra -l joe -P /usr/share/wordlist/uniq.txt

Thank you for helping me save my file uniq.txt wordlist in the directory "/usr/share/wordlist/" Kali for its easy use.

...so you solved it?
It's really just that:
Open Terminal
cp /root/Desktop/uniq.txt /usr/share/wordlists/uniq.txt
Then
hydra -l joe -P /usr/share/wordlists/uniq.txt

Or am I missing something?

You really should exercise with Unix commands.
Note: it's actually wordlists

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active