Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: Legal Occupations for Hackers

Hackers have long been associated with illegal activity. In recent years, security firms have been hiring hackers to perform penetration tests to test the security profile of companies' IT systems. Now, governments around the world are trying to hire hackers for cyber warfare activity as well as anti-terrorism efforts.

Forum Thread: Metasploit Setup Help

Hi guys! I have been wondering about something with Metasploit. When I download Metasploit, it asks for the port, days of validity, and server name, what does this mean for my router? Will it cost extra? Will it show up as a opened port on the router? Sorry if this sounds newbie, I am new to this, and I would like help so I can get better.

Forum Thread: Getting Started

Hello! I'm brand new to this forum (just shown by a friend recently) and as a computer science major (freshman year) I'd like to get started in this hacking community. But, there seems to be tons of information on this site and frankly i don't know where to start. Could someone tell me a good place to start out? Anything such as best guides to start with, necessary software, etc. Thanks!

Forum Thread: Need Help in SQL-Injection

I have injected a SQL injection to a Website Thanks To SKYFOX! But Now i want to change or update a news title in there database. I don't have access to admin password, Can i change it by writing any SQL query in browsers Address bar. If yes please Can you provide the Query & explain in Details i will be thankful to you.???

Forum Thread: Should We Be Able to Retaliate?

It has been suggested by some leading figures in information security that if you have been hacked (say by a cyber crime organization) that you should be able to hack back or retaliate on THEIRr computers. This certainly would be great for us hackers as it would give us a legal and legitimate use of our talents.

Forum Thread: Find IP Address of Remote Computer

Ok, so I would like to know how to find out IP address of a remote computer over internet. I know about getting the user to my site and logging their IP address, but I am looking forward to more intuitive method of getting the target's IP. Directing the user to my site is not the best way to get the IP for instance the user will get suspicious when asking hit to visit a site for no obvious reason, moreover anyone with even a slight knowledge would figure out the reason. Also it fails if targe...

Forum Thread: Pimp My PC

Alright all you who love to overclock laptops through BIOS, here is a question for you! I have an Acer Aspire with a first gen i-3 processor, six GBs of RAM, and a NVIDIA GEFORCE 420M CUDA with 1GB of memory. What I want to do is SAFELY overclock my processor and RAM so they can "talk" to each other quicker. can someone run me through the steps of safely overclocking my laptop through BIOS? thanks Null Byte! I told you I'd be back!PS. if anyone helping me needs any more details about my lapto...

Forum Thread: Hacking? Where to Begin?

Hello everyone, I have been reading and going to this site for a few months now and I finally joined. I always read great articles in the Grey Hat aspect of this site, and i have been inspired to dive deeper into the culture of hacking and programming. I want to know how to hack, but i do not know where to begin. I am a pretty decent programmer in HTML, and i am beginning to learn how to program in Python and Javascript. I am hoping that someone will be able to show me the basics of hacking, ...

Forum Thread: It's That Time of Year

Yes, here it is, the time of the year we have all been waiting for. The time where things are dropping in price faster then one might imagine. Let me explain what I mean, it is near mid November and it is almost December. That's right I am talking about Shopping Season. Well to head off this fantastic shopping season I have comprised a list of places to look for that gift for that special tech lover or a gift just for you and your computer. This list is based off of a consumer who lives in th...

Forum Thread: Disabled Disks on a Hard Drive,What?!?

I was reading one day in Maximum PC or PC World Magazine that all hard drives made by any one particular manufacturer are all the same. the only difference is that some of the disks are disabled, so I recently bought a 1 TB external hard drive in the hopes that I could enable the "hidden" disks. If there is truly a way to do this, could someone tell how, or point me to an article that could show me? I've searched the internet with every search term I could think of. nadda.

Forum Thread: Cloud Mining

Hey Null Byte, I was wondering, is it possible to set up a free cloud like dropbox to mine for bitcoins even when you're not connected to the cloud? If so, can someone tell me the steps to do that? Thanks a million as always!

Forum Thread: Updated Ophcrack Article

My first article on Wonderhowto was a post on using Ophcrack to break into Windows PC's, I've now written an updated version of that article here on helium. I will still be writing on Wonderhowto but I've decided to try writing all over to see which is the best for me. The new article includes everything the old article did, but instead of using an "unlisted ISO" you can use the listed one, and the new article includes short paragraphs on how Ophcrack works and how to prevent it being used ag...

Forum Thread: Filtered Internet Service.

Yo nullbyte, it's been a while. I'm in the market for a filtered internet service provider that blocks all of the nasty stuff on the internet straight from the server. if there is such an ISP, I need to know, but after talking with a sales rep for true vine online, he says that a service like that is illegal because of first ammendment rights to freedom of speech, etc. he said that the only way to filter something is to install software that filters it outside of the server. the only proplem ...

Forum Thread: Low Bandwidth/Slow Connection Solutions

i have low bandwidth and a slower connection at home, i am looking for a solution to this. What I am currently doing is downloading a torrent and uploading files to multiple PayPerDownload sites, im still on my first 'wave' of uploads, ~44gb, this is taking far to long, ~200kbps max upload total. Is there some kind of 'remote desktop' where i can use uTorrent and upload the files to the PPD sites from that much faster connection? Would a grid-service from MediaTemple work or even a Virtual Se...

Forum Thread: ANOMOS Help | Using Tor + Privoxy (OSX)

I'm trying to mask my IP using TOR + ANOMOS to download .torrent files. I'm able to start both TOR and PRIVOXY, but I simply cannot get ANOMOS to work. I able to enable TOR on CHROME, using "Proxy Switchy!". For that, I used 8118 (privoxy) and 9050 (tor). In ANOMOS, I've tried both 127.0.0.1:8118 and 9050, and keep getting errors:

Forum Thread: Looking to Start a New Site and Stay as Annon as Possible

i am making a new site to capitalize on PPD and am looking to keep my name out of it as much as possible and stay safe from suits as much of my uploads will be Copyrighted material. I am going to host with PRQ(they did WikiLeaks and was founded by the same cats as PirateBay.se) but am looking at how to register my domain as secret as possible... or with a register that will not hand over my information, any ideas?

Forum Thread: The WonderHowTo Redesign

Is it just me that thinks as well as some adding some good things they've removed a lot of the best bits of the site, I mean there are some quite big improvements, I quite like the new layout but so far I've had quite a few problems with the editor and while it's not vital I liked being able to see how many views a post had, can you still do that?

Forum Thread: AIRCRACK-NG... AGAIN?

hello nullbyte, it's me again, I'm having a slight problem with aireplay-ng. whenever i try to deauthenticate a station, it says something like "wlan0 channel is set to -1. AP is set to 1", and it won't let me deauthenticate... help!

Forum Thread: That math post I made...

So, I know that math post was mad basic. Actually covering grade school operations, crazy right? I was thinking that I would get some kind of feedback from the community at large to that effect with, ideally, some kind of "I was really hoping you did _______ instead…." because just saying "A post on useful math!" means basically everything. I would like to share the knowledge and understanding I have but this is a multi-year formal education styled accumulation of complicated material with a ...

Forum Thread: Hello All

Just signed up and wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a college student in a somewhat unrelated field to IT, I do however have a very strong interest in network security and programming. Right now I am working through Learning Python by Mark Lutz and am picking up bits and piece on networks where I can. I'm liking the website and will try to work backward through all the posts. Any tips/websites feel free to send them my way, hopefully I will be contributing soon enough!