Forum Thread: Hacking Computer

I have been doing some searching on creating a good safe hacking computer and would like all suggestions on the configuration that I came up with. Keep in mind I am a artist and plan to use this for photoshop cs6 so it maybe a bit over kill, or under kill, this is where I need the qualified knowledge available here.

Note the Sata drives are for compete and unrecoverable data deletion.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz - $310
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 - $250
RAM: 16GB kit (4GBx4), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800- $105
HDD: 2 x Western Digital Caviar Green WD30EZRX 3TB ($180 each) - $360
SSD: 2 x Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III ($150 each) - $300
Graphics card: PNY NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (VCQ4000-PB) 2 GB / 2 GB 410
Optical drive: LG WH12LS39 12X Blu-ray Burner - $80
Power supply unit: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W power supply unit - $105
Case: Thermaltake V4 Black Edition chassis - $50

This is not for bitmining but i do want to get a decent decryption speed thus the nvidia quadro.

Suggestions please all comment are welcome. Again i have done numerous searches and cant really find any suggested equipment for hacking.

4 Responses

Go for a 4th gen i7, I'm personally using an i7-4770HQ and it's great. ASRock I'm not a big fan of; I tend to stick with Asus. The rest seems alright to me.

Though you could look at getting a PCI-E SSD, might be worth it.

ghost_

what asus mb are you using so i can do a comparison, and yes i am old school and know the asus rep but going with the asrock for the photoshop advantages. As long as its in keeping with the asus then i am fine.

I recently bought a laptop as I'm moving to Scotland fairly soon and can't take a tower with me, so I'm rolling with a G750JX. Not entirely sure of the motherboard model there, sorry.

ghost_

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active