Forum Thread: Tor Web Browser- Annoying CAPTCHAs

I've recently install Tor and every other site I visit makes me complete long, annoying CAPTCHAs. Is there anyway to optimize Tor so that I won't run into this issue? Thanks for your help! =)

5 Responses

No, it's a cloudflare thing, it's serverside.

You can use a VPN through tor.

But, assuming you mean a "free VPN", you will still need to enter the CAPTCHA since many users are connected through that VPN, the CAPTCHA software needs to make sure you are a legitimate person.

I don't know about paid VPNs, since I've never messed with those before.

No, CAPTCHAs are designed to ensure that the user accessing that website is a real person, and not a bot. (In a way, it also protects against DDoS attacks)

And something else about CAPTCHAs, I didn't know about this until recently, but it certainly is kind of cool, so I thought I'd share:

CAPTCHAs with images actually help contribute to the internet's mass database of images with text in them. Since there is few software (not sure if any) that can analyze a very complicated image for text, CAPTCHAs prompt users to find out what the text says and add it to the internet database of images, so that searching for them is easier.

Makes sense?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active