Forum Thread: Why Kali Linux Running Slow?

I installed Kali Linux latest version from official website last week as a dual boot alongside windows 10 without problems, but its been running slow with delay response and lags all this time specially when using Firefox (5 tabs was on).

I am using Lenovo Y700, 250 GB SDD (where the OS's been installed), 1 TB HDD, 16 GB RAM, 4 GB nvedia geforce GTX 960m.

ps. i noticed the problem today when i was trying to install Tor Browser and followed a tutorial and modified "start-tor-browser" by changing value from 0 to 1 in this line {if "`id -u`" -eq 1 ; then}

*if "`id -u`" -eq 1 ; then
complain "The Tor Browser Bundle should not be run as root. Exiting."
exit 1*
is there anyway to help? thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

3 Responses

always happening with linux and u will notice some frame that well stop for a second . best thing u can do is reinstalling it and be sure its not live version if ur not an expert its better to unplug ur ssd to avoid losing data

Hope i help

pardon me, but what do you mean by "live version" i thought live means running from USB, could that mean there is version only for live boot and other for regular and dual boot?

try to decrease its swappiness to 10 or less as you have enough memory to load the burden of your pc to ram completely...!!!!! hope this will help.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active