Forum Thread: Linux Mint 17.1 MATE Metasploit

I have Linux Mint 17.1 MATE dual booted on my mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13. How can I get metasploit for Mint? I'm trying to learn how to hack, and based on the AMAZING tutorials on here, it sounds like a necessary and invaluable tool. I looked on metasploit.com and saw that I can only get the limited version for free. Is there a way that I can get the full version for free? I really don't want to switch to backtrack or kali until I've practically mastered linux and hacking. Thank You, in advanced, for all your help!

5 Responses

I Think the best way to master linux and hacking is to practice with Kali/BT. don't panic switching to Kali/BT.

I've tried both before and they don't seem to be compatible with my mac. How easy are they to trouble shoot issues and get new programs for and such? I like how easy Mint has been for me to learn with.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP583

This ^ is a link to the specs of my laptop. I have the 250GB SATA hard drive. Will Kali work on here if I replace my Mint partition with it? I know more about linux and computers in general than I did last time I tried to put Kali on here, but I'm still afraid that I'll mess up my computer if I try to get Kali to install again.

You only really need like 10gb for a Kali partition. Kali is compatible with MacBooks; however, you may need to boot via DVD instead of USB booting.

It's probably going to be easier to run Kali as it has all the tools you need preinstalled.

ghost_

Will it work with reFind? because that's my bootloader right now. I could easily break off 25GB from my hard drive for a Kali partition if that is enough space to install and run it. What's the difference between using a DVD and a USB? What version of Kali should I download. I have on a USB, but it's probably not the right one anymore.

reFind is actually used in the guide I linked.

I haven't looked into the difference between using DVD and USB, so I can't answer that.

Download the latest Kali version from here.

You should run the latest version of Kali.

ghost_

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active