Null Byte Forum

Forum Thread: Opinions on Hacknet? (Spoilers)

So, i recently finished Hacknet and i must say i was positively surprised. Making Linux Hacking non-repetitive in a game is not an easy task but the creators managed it through really interesting missions, a lot of details and stuff to discover and a storyline that just makes you wanna play this game till the end. However i must admit there were some missions i had to use the good ol task manager for, aka the IPS rerouting one. Have you anything that stood out to you or perhaps just want to r...

Forum Thread: Dd Command Backup

So I wanted to backup my kali.. with all my data and all... so I was using dd command for it... but I saw that it is making an image file as big as my hdd partition size... so I searched and saw that dd being an awesome tool copies everything block by block.. no biased...

Forum Thread: Meterpreter's Migrate Option for Android?

Hello Null Byte Community, so i have recently discovered the amazing potential that the android version of meterpreter posesses. Major Vendors for AV dont detect the application which we created with msfvenom/msfvenom and on top of that dont even trigger once the file is executed and the session is opened on our attacker machine. As if that wasnt stunning enough, i am speaking of the raw payload, a.k.a. no encryption what so ever.

Forum Thread: Hacking a Targets BIOS?

Is there any way to get into someone's BIOS and change their settings? All of this is happening on the terms that you are only give virtual access, as well as Administrator rights to that computer. The computer I am trying to change BIOS settings on got Ubuntu, but I'd like to know how to change the settings even though it might have any other OS.

Forum Thread: Need Help with a Prank

So I'm going to be out in the middle of nowhere with a big group of people. There isn't even cell phone service out there. I want to set up a sign saying free wifi and a router that offers wifi but no Internet. I'd like to redirect everyone trying to surf the web to a cat video. I have a router and computer and i can install Kali or windows. I tried making an html and use apache that would play the video but it doesn't seem to want to play in Iceweasel when I test it. I saved the video in whe...

Forum Thread: Should Edward Snowden Be Celebrated or Condemned?

Edward Snowden was a NSA contractor who took information that showed that the NSA is spying on all of us. Now he is in Russia, a man without a country. Should he be celebrated as a whistleblower who showed the world that the NSA is conducting illegal spying on U.S. citizens and citizens of all nations or be be condemned as traitor and send the rest of his life in exile or in prison?

Forum Thread: Newest White House Hack....thoughts?

On Wednesday night, the White House confirmed that the email system utilized by the Joint Chief of Staff at the Pentagon was hacked about two weeks ago. The attack has forced the military to take down the network, which has yet to be restored. Sources saying Pentagon believes attack was carried out by another government, naming Russia as the prime suspect, although admits no direct evidence has been found. The attack was conducted via spear-phising. This is the 2nd time since late April that ...

Forum Thread: Where Is the Dictionary in Nethunter?

I am attempting to pentest my own wi-fi password, and I can't for a small reason. I cannot find the dictionary for aircrack-ng. I couldn't find anything from googling, and attempting to find the dictionary in the mess that is my file manager was just frustrating. So that's pretty much it. Thanks in advance!

Forum Thread: Custom ROMs

Hello everyone, it's been a while :D Does anyone know whether or not there may be issues if I flash a custom ROM on my device, that is not normally for my specific device? (I feel like this is not the place for such questions, so if anyone thinks that this post is not a good idea I'll delete it.)

Forum Thread: Is It Ethical to Keep a Zero Day for a Competition?

I have found a zero day on a server that the local hacking league uses for most of their scenarios during competitions. It isn't huge or anything but it does help me get in and I am hoping to get it working with some MSF payload. My question is, is it ethical for me to keep this zero day a secret so I can use it during my competition or should I report it now?

Forum Thread: How Is This Possible ?

I was surfing when I found this website: CyberNews (not linked so as not to promote them). The website has the content of Null-Byte, I mean all, You search and it pulls in God knows how the results and displays it. It has all Null-Byte tutorials,Does Null-Byte have rss-readers or something ?