Forum Thread: What Are You Using for Hacking?

Well the title said almost everything ...
But I'm curious what kind of material you have to make your thing.
I'm a beginner, and I'm not sur what "to buy" or "build" or "recycled from scratch" ...
tower, laptop, raspberry pi .... and so on
For the software, most using Linux base with some add on like Kali or backtrack ...
So, give me your ex of what you have, your do or don't, etc ;)

5 Responses

I'm pretty new to pentesting myself, but for the hardware you can use just about any computer as long as you can use Kali or other pentesting systems (https://www.concise-courses.com/security/top-ten-distros/) most of the software you'll want will either come on the distro or in the repos but if it doesn't the one or more essential tool(s) that I can think of are Metasploit with some kind of av evasion live veil-evasion or something similar. Anyways, hope this answered your question. :D

You will want to get an alpha wireless card for packet injection. Read a few of OTW's posts and you should get a better idea. Welcome to nullbyte

Bag full of live CDs from I don't even know how many distros.
Ubuntu installed on a relatively new PC with not fantastic specs for developing.
Android phone, alfa wireless adapter, all the love I can give it.

Alfa wireless adapter, BadUSB(My favorite), no log dobule vpn + proxy chains(to protect your anonimity), free hostings and freedomains(for phishing). Kali Linux on USB(microwave it if you do something nasty maybe do the same thing to the RAM too). And last but not least macchanger and Intercepter-NG on my android phone to hijack the http sessions on public networks. Most of these will make you a kinda script kido but you can use them for the beginning.

Welcome to Nullbyte.

I uses Kali Linux on VM and i also recycled a desktop computer for Kali, i've also a laptop with dual boot (win 7 + kali). As they said before, metasploit, free hosting, freedomains, proxychains + no log dobule vpn, webhttrack ( to clone website) macchanger ( to spoof your mac), setoolkit ( useful ) sqlmap, tor, tor-browser, for wireless injection you will need a alfa wireless card (mine is awus36nhr), kind of av evasion live veil-evasion with metasploit, netool.sh (i love this toolbox), Gh0st, Ghost-phisher, dnsspoof, nmap, nikto ...

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active