Part 1: Ruby for the aspiring hacker. (Introduction)

Introduction:

Ruby is a programming language. It is vastly known by hackers. This particular programming language was influenced by Perl, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Ada, and Lisp.

Why you should learn Ruby?

Ruby is a very easy language to learn compared to other languages!

Ruby is a powerful, flexible programming language you can use in web/Internet development. You can create games, etc with it, too. Let's compare C++ to Ruby.

#include <iostream>

int main()
{

std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl;
return 0;
}

Now look at Ruby:

puts "Hello World!"

2.) Lot's of companies are looking for people who know Ruby. Of course, you'll need to know PHP, C++, HTML, etc, but Ruby is a good step to learn.

Let's start actually learning Ruby. We will of course start off easily! Very simple.

I am using Notepad++, now. Let's create a file. I, myself, will name it: Test.rb, remember to add the: ".rb"

Ok. So... Let's do a simple: "Hello World!"!

puts "What is up?"
print "Nullbyte"

Now, remember to always add a 'print' statement, if not, it'll just give a nil.

That is all for today. Some simple Hello World commands, and introduction to Ruby. I will add another tutorial by tomorrow.

4 Responses

Erm... some of Ruby is compiled into bytecode, while some of it is interpreted. Ruby is not black and white, but more grey and gray.

I don't know why you're comparing it to C++, whereas you should be comparing it to a different scripting language or the other half of Ruby.

Ruby is a good language to know, Metasploit uses it for modules.

Also I will have to admit, I don't know Ruby

This gave guide gave me inspiration for a guide I'm working on where I compare HTML with Assembly

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active