Forum Thread: How to Hack Wifi Network with CMD

There's lots of people in this world want to know how to hack wifi networks. You must search for CMD and run as administrator. But you need to trick your victim to connect his Wifi to your PC or Laptop. NOTICE: This for education only. Note: Even if the victim has logged you out from the Wifi long time ago you still can hack the password.

Step 1: You Need to Open CMD as Administrator

So CMD can get access to full computer networks and another things

Step 2: Type: color a

So you can see the words and everything in green if you don't want, skip this step

Step 3: Type: wmic

Step 4: Type: quit

Step 5: Type: netsh wlan show profiles

Select from the networks that you see to hack

Step 6: Type: netsh wlan show profiles (The Name of the Wifi You Selected to Hack)

After this step, you will see security settings in it, you will see security key after you do the step 7 (The last) under it you will see key content in it the password

Step 7: Type: netsh wlan show profiles (The Name of the Wifi You Selected to Hack) key=content

Then, in the security settings under the security key you will see key content, This is the Wifi password

81 Responses

does this works with wpa2?

Why did mine list my wifi, my neighbors wifi, and CIA VIRUS?

someone may have changed their SSID to CIA VIRUS

look when i try to do it i wright in cmd (netsh wlan show profiles)
and it show me the networks that i have already connected to
but i don't want that i want the networks that i haven't connected to
when i try to type the name of another wifi network that i can see in the neer by metworks it does not work
i tryed this command
(netsh wlan show profile "the name of my neigbours wifi " key=clear)
but it says that thoes networks are not familliar i need help pls

Mate you need to connect to the wifi before you hack for the pass because it's not like that it's the hack to get the pass word so type netsh wlan show profiles then the wifi name and then key=clear and then look at it and you should be there if you need anymore help email me 15hsmith@conyers.org.uk

it is not showing a new network it is only showing who is already connected to my pc

You will see password or the know network if you are already connected to it.

i didnt understand steps after 6

Type it exactly how it was except replace (The Name of the Wifi You Selected to Hack) with the name of the wifi you selected to hack

See this video to understand!

when completed the typing part password is not written

yes, it is happening with me too
it is not showing the password

guys, type netsh wlan show profiles (wifi name) key=clear

Type: netsh wlan show profiles (The Name of the Wifi You Selected to Hack) key=clear

you can only see it's password when you have connected to it once

This just shows the known networks, i.e. the networks you have previously connected to and authorised for.

I followed the steps,,,,,but this came up after step 6

What can I do?...I appreciat any answers

Cause you type "show networks" instead of "show profiles"

its not work.

command:-this cmd will show profiles or ssid available

netsh wlan show profiles

this command will show u password ,

NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILES NAME="the ssid u want Password" key=clear

but it will show u the password of the ssid which u had already connected or wired to u.

Corey A.

Dude you typed show networks its show profiles

I am also getting the same msg. Did you get its solution?

netsh wlan show profiles name="Type WiFi Name Here" key=content
Problem is : see the picture

and Solution is try "key=clear"without quotes insted of "key=content"...100% Working

but The Main Conclusion is You can only see the Password which you connected in past. "not the Actual Showing Networks.."

Thnx Need More Help : mail me = " prakashparmar94294@gmail.com"

Still nt working with show networks

Try the following steps:

1. TYPE: netsh wlan show profiles
  2. pick a wifi name
  3. TYPE: netsh wlan show profiles 'name u picked' key=clear
  4. The passcode/word will be next to Key Content

DONE!

HEY PAL ! DOES THIS TRICKS HACK EVER OUR SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT NETWORK ?? OR ANY WII NETWORK ?? ANSWER ME

this only shows wifis you have been conected to once or more it doesn't show the wifis that are curently accesable from your pc, so i cant find the passworks of the wifi i want to hack because it doesn't show on the list...........

yes panang, u r right. when already connected wifi info we have. we want the neighbours wifi password so that we can connect to it.

command:-this cmd will show profiles or ssid available

netsh wlan show profiles

this command will show u password ,

NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILES NAME="the ssid u want Password" key=clear

but it will show u the password of the ssid which u had already connected or wired to u.

i tried the program.. and everything displays except the key content

HELP!

It doesn't work because it isn't hack. These commands only show you some information about a networks... If you've never connected to that network than you can't see the password. If you try this with your own wifi, than it'll show you your password.

It can be useful if you borrow a laptop, and you can check the saves passwords.

I hope I could help you.

Can i connect again if the key of wifi changed?

1. run your cmd as adminstrator
  1. netsh wlan show profiles
  1. netsh wlan show profile (name of the wifi) key=clear
  2. key content is what you are looking for.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh wlan show profiles
The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running.
plz hellp me y i'm geting like this

just go on control panel> Sytem and Security>Administrative Tools>Services the find WLAN AutoConfig double click on it then from manual to automatic then start if it does not work just connect a usb wlan receiver!

some time it happens in computer or laptop here is the simple way were you can perform not only on window 7 even on 8,8.1,10

steps-
1.open cmd
2.type command netsh wlan show profile
3.it will definitely show the Wireless AutoConfig service is not running as it showed for you
4.then immediately type net start wlansvc
5.then you will find that the service of wlansvc has started

enjoy and never loose your password that you have to find it from cmd and 1 more thing it is not hacking process it is saved only in case if the consumer has lost the password of his network he may retain it back

thanku
team microsoft

type wmic and press enter.
again type quit.
try it. i hope it'll help.

I tried it on my own wifi. EVERY THING WAS DISPLAYED EXCEPT KEY CONTENT.

PLEASE HELP

after typing netsh wlan show profiles Danger then type netsh wlan show profiles Danger key=clear

Same results here. Any help, geeks? Thanks.

FOR ME ALSO SAME PROBLEM PLZ HELP

it show password only of those wifi network that you are access in past..................................................

Yeah...It doesn't work with other network or doesn't show any other network

please make a video and show password.

Alright for you and anyone else this isn't working for with this error "wlansvc is not running" you can change this by going to the StartOrb and searching "services" (without quotes) and clicking on the one that has a cog/gear icon. Scroll down to the bottom and right-click on "WLAN AutoConfig" and click start. This will enable wlansvc. Alternatively you can open cmd and type "net start wlansvc" (without quotation marks) which sounds a lot easier :) !!! Good Luck!

use this command :
1: netsh wlan show profiles
2: netsh wlan show profiles "your wifi name" key=clear
3: see Key Content
4: finish

the above command will work in windows 7.
version above 7 wont work ...

use this command :
1: netsh wlan show profiles
2: netsh wlan show profiles "your wifi name" key=clear
3: now you see Key Content
4: finish

this method is not for cracking others wifi passwords it can be usefull only for finding forgotten wifi passwords you can see the wifi profiles in windows 7 by following these ways just open network sharing center in control panel go to manage wireless networks then you will see the wifi connections connected by you right click the selected profile or connection click properties there you will find the password

it's good for .bat file .

this works only on windows 7? does it work on windows 10 and windows 8?

im doing this for many times but still there so no key content shown only the key index :(

Try It :

name=wifi name key=clear
Ex. name=wifi1 key=clear
hope it'll help you in.

i tried to connect to my sister's wifi it says wirless interface not present on system even when i've used it to connect to the net. pls help

Lol nice try. This doesn' t hack anything. All your doing is clearing the wifi profile out of your system. If you want to hack a wireless network compile aircrack-ng binaries and then you could hack wifi's off of windows.

First of all, this is not a "Hack". It just shows the passwords to wifis you have previously connected to. Second, instead of key=content, try typing key=clear.

i am not able to select multiple connection name
only one connection is showing

This doesn't do anything. For it to work, you have to have been connected to the network before, so you should already have the password. This isn't a "hack", just a Windows utility.

try one by one. it'll take some time by you must have to try it.

THIS GOT NO USE

this only shows the wifi that we are previously connected .
Who called it a hack .
it is simply the retrieving your own password
HOW TO HACK OTHERS WIFI ?

"There is no wireless interface on this system" what to do with this?

Not worth trying, this doesn't work.

This only show the list of wifi which is already connected before ???what can we do to know the passport of not connected wifi

Final Thoughts..

This Technique is Only Shows Previously Connected WiFi's Passwords.
and "THIS IS NOT THE HACK".

it doesnt work it didnt show the profiles

It doesn't work because it isn't hack. These commands only show you some information about a networks... If you've never connected to that network than you can't see the password. If you try this with your own wifi, than it'll show you your password. (so need ur help)

please some my profile names are not been recognized in mt system need help

You will see the password if you are connected to the wifi. You can see the password through your computer if you are already connected.

This is not hacking wifi, in this tutorial you just told us how to see our wifi key using CMD, but the real hacking has a lot of kinds like Evil twin attack or brut force attack using Kali Linux. If anyone needs to learn real hacking wifi with the methods I said, I will make a tutorial for that as soon as possible.

It works with one word Ssid wifi But doesn't works with 2 or more worded ssid wifi .!? How to fix it ??
For example like (netsh wlan show profiles Anish Niwas32 key=clear)
I can't find password thought the wifi is connected to laptop.
Please help!!!!

This doesn't hack any WIFI password, it's only working for the network you been connected before, so you should already have the password. This isn't a "hack", just a Windows utility . I needed a hack trick for hacking password that have never been connected to.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active