Forum Thread: Problems with TL-WN722N V2 (Monitor Mode)

17 Responses

It will not work. See my latest post on wireless network adapters.

v2 uses a chipset that does not support monitor mode, v1 uses the compatible chip.

Hello #TENGI Please Tell me how to put it in Monitor mode?
V2 Please Help

I made this mistake myself. Spent ages trying to get it working before I realised I had the v2. Amazon took it back. Get an Alfa.

how does one check the version? is there a command i can run in the line, cuz i bought the same TL WN722N, but am not sure if its v1 or v2. would it just be safe to return it and just buy one that i know will work? also... i had the page saved where it went through the setup of the wireless adapter for the kali Pi build to get it ready for packet injections etc. , but cannot seem to find it now.. if i could get a point in the right direction that would be awesome.. still a newbie but i really wanna get a hang of this.

I haven't had a chance to try this, you've used it?

Tengi, that for sure works? Sorry to ask when you seem so positive, I just need to know whether to return this and just get a panda.

I've tested it. It works, I can now enable Monitor mode. Now airmon-ng works fine!

Can you please help me i bought tp link v2.1 but many have say it does not support monitor modeso sad but you say that you have made enable monitor mode can you please teach me??i type on termihttps://github.com/mfruba/kernel.gitnal git clone what will i do next?

Francisco, how did you manage to make it work though ? I don't want to open another thread to ask the same questions :(

@Shiro Dider, same here. I am also looking for the same answer on existing threads . Hope we find an answer soon ??

Yea bro, i've been trying to find an answer, everytime i looke on forums theres people saying that it doesn't work and others that says it does work :(

Hey guys, I just tested the mfruba/kernel and it works for my v2 on kali. All I did was make, make install and then reboot

on what carpet file did you execute that commands?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active