Forum Thread: Kali Linux

dual boot kali

Step 1:

What is the best laptop to dual boot kali with?? I already have my macbook set up too, but I'm thinking of switching over and dual booting with windows.. lmk what you guyz think

Join the Next Reality AR Community

Get the latest in AR — delivered straight to your inbox.

9 Responses

It doesn't matter because you're not using the original OS on the system, you're using Kali.

In terms of hardware; so long as you have a network card that is compatible with aircrack-ng, you're fine. Every computer that you can use nowadays will be able to handle Kali just fine.

ghost_

Hardware shouldn't really matter but do have a decently powerful PC with a quite large hard drive and ram

Used i5 Elite Book or Latitude 6410 i5 with Bluetooth 140$. Internal adapter(6410) is a beast and works great, was confused for a bit cause I thought It was using the alfa but it was beasting with the internal..

Toss an SSD in and max the Ram.

kool. Thx!! yeah, haven't ran a pc for a while, just wondering which ones everyone has liked the most lately..

I was thinking about getting an Asus G75VW or a MSI GT70.. anyone have an experience with any other gaming laptops??

i don't mind spending the money on it, just want to get highest performance possible..

If you already have a dual booted system with your Mac; why would you buy a new system?

ghost_

because i have a 2011 macbook pro and i want to buy a new laptop..

If you are considering buying a machine just for your kali linux then you should definitely try getting a small portable thing like a raspberry pi. You could even customize it to your liking.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active