Forum Thread: Kali Linux 2.0 or Kali Linux 1.1.0?

Guys i need your help. Guys i have two Kali linux iso 2.0 and 1.1.0. I want to dual boot kali linux with window 7. Which kali linux is more preferable to use? I made survey in internet about it found that kali linux 2.0 still have some bugs to be fixed.But does the bug can be fixed by update kali linux 2.0? Need your help guys..

8 Responses

If you're looking for something more user-friendly, you should try 2.0. But be warned, there are bound to be bugs in Kali 2.0. While it may be more user-friendly, it is also more dangerous. Kali 1.1.0 would definitely be safer to use, albeit a bit less user-friendly. I still use 1.1.0 on my live USB and I'm perfectly happy with it. I would use 1.1.0 until more updates for 2.0 are released.

-Defalt

Bro Thanks a lot for the reply! Bro but can you elaborate on why kali linux 2.0 is dangerous to use. Why bro?

Simply because of the fact that it hasn't been patched. It will contain bugs, some of which could possibly cause you to lose valuable files/information stored on your computer.

Are the tools in Kali 1.1.0 still useful enough to warrant an install in comparison to the tools in Kali 2.0?

Ninja243

The tools are working for others, just because a new version of kali is released doesn't render everything useless in the older version kali or any other OS.

I have Kali 1 on my usb, my friend has Kali 2

What I've found is Kali2 looks more like a general-use OS interface (Graphically, its more pleasant, and, I guess, "pretty" looking), while Kali1 looks more like a hacker's OS (just my opinion)

Kali2 is also faster than Kali1

(My friend and I opened the same program at the same time (on the same computer model/type/spec), Kali2 loaded it up faster)

The only downsides that I've found about Kali2 is that it has bugs. (But I guess since its still relatively new, InfoSec will have Kali2's bugs fixed)

will execution of hacks take same frequencies or will it take less time to hack in kali 2.0 on live usb

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active