Forum Thread: PROBLEM After Installing KALI LINUX on MY LAPTOP WHICH Has NOW AFFECTED MY WINDOWS 7 OS (I Wanted to Dual Boot Kali Woth

Hello
I have been reading on null byte a lot.

So i wanted to dual boot kali linux with my windows 7 as to try all the hacks in the forum, i installed kali from a usb drive, but a MAJOR problem has occured

I foolishly selected "Guided:entire disk" while installation.
Because rhe Kali live was not working and i was unable to use gparted like software.

Now i didnt installed grub in master boot loader and wanted to install it on a Usb but by mistake i pressed enter without writing the device name and all.

I configure any package and skipped the stage i tjought i would add it in the " source:list" afterwars. And the installation finished successfully.

BUT NOW A MAJOR PROBLEN HAS ARRIVED WHEN I TURN ON MY LAPTOP I DIDNT SEE OPTIONS TO SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM.

AND KALI IS NOT WORKING.L, IT SAYS THAT -" media test failure,check cable" and "exiting PXE rom" and page changes and then next it says non system disk or disk error replace and strike enter.

NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO. I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK WITH WINDOWS 7 OS back IN IT. I WILL USE KALI WITH VIRTUAL MACHINE. PLEASE HELPPP MEE.

P.S. MY LAPTOP'S CD/DVD DRIVE DOESNT WORK.

4 Responses

P.S.i didnt configured any package.
P.S i dont have my windows 7 recovery disk.

I would first try to do this right when you press the power button:

Hold fn(function key) + f10

Then you should be able to choose Repair and that might fix it. You can try that first.

If that doesn't work, the OS should ask you if you want to do a Restore, and if you have a backup, that will fix it as well.

Look up how to fix Windows MBR (Master Boot Record) I don't know the commands well enough to describe it here but basically you can boot off an installation CD (or USB) and hit repair your computer and there is an option to get a command prompt.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active