Forum Thread: Few More Problems Have Been Showed Up in Kali Linux 2.0

as the tittle says give me some solutions to these issues :

1. Adding new user : can't add a new user even though log in as root user...
  2. can't install/run ufonet tools...
  3. Somehow installed vmware worstation 10 but can't launch it, always shows kali 4.0.0 kernel errors...
  4. bluetooth device not recognized / showed up (but properly working in win7)...
  5. airmon-ng gives wrong interface name (such as wlan0mon, wlan0monmon and goes on) and never shows mon0 as monitoring...

so anyone have any solutions to these issues ???
any help would be greatly appreciated... :)

7 Responses

for airmon-ng, it's not an error...it's OK. to dump the packets, type airodump-ng wlan0mon

for the errors, try apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade -y

wlan0monmon interface could be reached if you have started multiple automated scripts that set the wireless adapter to monitor mode e.g. fern & wifite.

yes,the bluetooth not working

It probably won't work. The bluetooth device must be Linux compatible. You may need to buy another.

I have had issues with nmap not displaying any output until it is done. If I hit a key it will update the screen. Not a huge issue but really annoying.

My bluetooth doesnt work too...
But when I enter hciconfig hci0 up and all those commands before starting tto hack.. I can succesfully scan and hack..

bluetooth device only showed up when you logged in for the 1st time or run the distro in live cd mode...
Apart from the live cd mode, after the restart your bluetooth adapter will be no more usable.
And that's not a hardware issue IMO...

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active