Forum Thread: [Help] Upping TXPower on Kali 2.0 CRDA Hack W/ Alfa AWUS

Hello! Here once again with another question. For the past week I have been attempting to amplify my TX Power to 27-30dBi without success.

The only thing I see working for people, is the CRDA hack. Here are the instructions I followed:

Trying to keep the post clean, so click me to be linked to a pastebin with the instructions.

I get all the to the final part where you go to the CRDA file and type:

sudo make

sudo make install

When I run sudo make (or install for that matter) I get this error.

/bin/sh: 1: pkg-config: not found
Makefile:76: * Cannot find development files for any supported version of libnl. Stop.

(Website formatting made that bold, its normal in the terminal. So note that their is one more asterisk, if it matters.)

I followed the instructions in the beginning to install libnl-dev. Honestly, I have been working so hard at trying to figure this out, my brain is fried.

If it matters, I'm trying to figure this out so I can fix my issues with this post. I cant get the false AP to popup, which I think (and hope?) is due to the Alfa AP not overpowering the normal AP.

Thanks for your help, if my fried brain missed info, just ask. Thanks.

7 Responses

No offense, but I don't think you really read my thread. I actually linked your instructions in the thread as they are the instructions I followed. However I had the error during the final step of running 'make' and 'make install'

Thanks.

Found a fix, will make a post later.

@singularity can you tell how to fix this error

Its on my profile, but here is a link to the post.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active