Forum Thread: How to protect my USB drive against viruses after install Kali Linux on this USB key ?

I would like to know if I install Kali on a USB stick (as USB sticks are often vulnerable to virus infections), if the virus will not attack this quickly and destroy my laptop installation of Kali ???

There is not a better way to install Kali on a key without that key is subsequently infected with viruses later, virus infection that could attract the destruction of my installation of Kali ???

Thank you to inform me please.

7 Responses

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what it is that you're asking.

ghost_

Look, there's no problem at all, because if you apply the persistence option you'll notice that you can Live boot (which runs in the RAM, so that every change is lost, viruses included) and Persistence, which saves the changes.

However, you can edit the persistence partition running the live one, as you can access the Desktop of the persistence partition by mounting that same partition (which is mounted by default).

Or you can just create another general partition (ext4 or FAT it's not important) where you can save the applications you download and use them from there (use ext4 is you don't want to always set the permissions).

That's why Linux is so awesome, it can Live boot anywhere.

It's easier than you think and if you need more informations I'll add some steps to do it in my Kali portability guide, because now that I think about that, this is a need that some else newbie in terms of partitioning might be asking about.

Or, am I missing anything?

ok great thank for you !

No problem, but next time try to express yourself in a way that anyone can understand your problem ;)

ok but I'm French and I do not master English very well so I'm struggling to explain. So please forgive me and understand me.

now I am about to try HYDRA but I wonder one thing.

To break the password of a web form (http-post-form) for example, I put a fake user name and a wrong password and just after validated I noticed the phrase following error :

"The username or password is incorrect You entered. Check to make safe your Caps Lock is off, and That you are using the proper username and password."

Using the following syntax HYDRA:

hydra -l admin -P dic.txt -f -V localhost http-post-form \
"/index.php:username=^USER^&password=^PASS^&login=LogIn:is incorrect"

I wonder if this syntax I want to use is right and especially whether the <failure string> "is incorrect" I put in syntax?

Or do I put all the error sentence ("The username or password is incorrect You entered. Check to make safe your Caps Lock is off, and That you are using the proper username and password.") as the <failure string> ???

thank you

I'm the only one who have no idea what this guy talking about ?

Staffbyte_

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active